Coming Soon: Ace Skin

CPThemes.com

Verified User
We have started converting our current cPanel skins into DirectAdmin Skins. Our prices will be lower for DirectAdmin skins then our cPanel.

We hope you enjoy our wrok and hope to hear feedback. Our first skin which is almost complete is Ace Skin.

Please let us know what you think.

Please email [email protected] for more information

Attachments

• directadminace.gif
    directadminace.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 452
Thank you for your comments :)

It's not going to be expensive and it's going to be free updates, and we are going to try and make free flash tutorials for it and keep on adding on to it.

I thought that people have have both cPanel and DirectAdmin would like this idea. That way they have the same look.

Last edited:
CPThemes.com said:
Thank you! :) We hope to have something completed by friday.

Where's the spirit of opensource nowadays? I believe most of us are running some *nix server and using DA but anything more that DA provides are charable nowadays, from skins to add ons, however i do agree that it adds value/ make the skin or third party apps developers come out with even better apps etc and frees up time for DA's developers to concentrate on DA but i just feel openess is dying...not by this incident alone but some other stuffs i encountered in my course of work.

May i suggest that maybe, making some skins free while others chargable but never compromise on quality.

I agree to a point with having opensource products, but the big thing I noticed watching the market of skins and people that offer free products is they vanish fast. It's hard for someone that is offering free products to give free bandwidth to download the product, free updates, free support and actually stick around to support the product.

Our company is here to stay and wants to be here years upon years down the road as long as the developers allow our type of work. That is why we charge a fee for our products, also by having to pay a small fee it means you get a product that isn't being used on all DA servers 1000s.

CPThemes.com has and will always do our best to provide the best products at the best price.

This skin is about to hit beta, and I would like to find one person that would like to test it for me. I am looking for someone that can put this on multiple domains and let me know because it's about ready to launch.

Tyler

I was browsing your site just now and spotted the iCandy skin. It looks great :)
Will you be porting this to DA as well, with support for installatron?

CPThemes.com

none of you demo worked.

btw, do you provide other language packs?

blacknight said:
Tyler

I was browsing your site just now and spotted the iCandy skin. It looks great :)
Will you be porting this to DA as well, with support for installatron?

iCandy will probably be our next bad boy to get done :) We are just talking to our icon designer and talking about price and stuff for the new icons needed. Once Ace is out of beta and final we will start the next DA theme. Thank you for your interest :) If you add your email to our newsletter located on our main page at cpthemes.com you will be updated when it's released.

Last edited:
neorder said:
CPThemes.com

none of you demo worked.

btw, do you provide other language packs?

Which demos are you looking at? Currently we only have cPanel Theme demos on our website.

We will have a few DA Screencaptures shortly as the development is done for Ace, and is now in beta.

We hope it can go Final within the next day or so. I am sure you guys are all going to love it.

Also at this time we do not have language packs for our DA skins but that will come shortly after our first theme is released. We will also start making flash tutorials for it.

etegration said:
Where's the spirit of opensource nowadays?
The spirit of Open Source is alive and well. But ...
I believe most of us are running some *nix server and using DA but anything more that DA provides are charable nowadays, from skins to add ons, however i do agree that it adds value/ make the skin or third party apps developers come out with even better apps etc and frees up time for DA's developers to concentrate on DA but i just feel openess is dying...not by this incident alone but some other stuffs i encountered in my course of work.
So are you saying you're willing to pay for DA itself, but not for any aftermarket products?

If so, then I'd say DA works fine by itself, so don't bother with the aftermarket products. Either do without the functionality or create your own solutions.

As for us, we're primarily in the support and aftermarket product business; only 10% of our income is from hosting.

If we gave away everything we did, we wouldn't do anything.

That said, we obey the letter and the spirit of the Open Source license on every product we create.
May i suggest that maybe, making some skins free while others chargable but never compromise on quality.
You're entitled to provide as much free stuff as you want. After you've created a few products perhaps you'll see the value of the creation process.

For example, we offer a free version of our exim.conf file, implmenting SpamBlocker, and you're certainly able to modify it for your own use, but if you give your modified version to anyone else, you can't prevent them from passing it on.

You can certainly do the same.

Jeff

Open Source is wonderful, but it doesn't pay the bills.

DA is based on Open Source software and we are happy to pay for it, as it is properly supported etc.
I would be happier paying for a skin/theme and know that the developer/designer could afford to support it and feed themselves.

And I agree, blacknight.

These are the steps we take in developing products:

1) we or one of our clients define a need.

2) we create a project to fill that need, using open source components, if possible.

3) if possible we turn the project into a product.

4) if we feel so inclined we release a free version of the project (as I did with SpamFilter).

5) We offer commercial versions of the product, and/or installations of the free version, for what we feel is a reasonable price.

6) If the product isn't source-code by nature (SpamFilter is), we provide copies of the source code to any purchaser (or user of the free version) who requests it, unless the license under which the original code was written prohibits it.

Jeff

Back