Compress mail manually (dovecot_compress.sh)

Hi,
can you let me know what would happen if we restore a backup which was created in a server that uses compression, to a machine not using it, and vice versa? Would those two scenarios create problems?

Hi,
can you let me know what would happen if we restore a backup which was created in a server that uses compression, to a machine not using it, and vice versa? Would those two scenarios create problems?
No, it should still work fine :) Dovecot supports both compressed/uncompressed mailboxes by default.

Hey,

I hope that it's fine to re-use this existing thread. I have trouble with the dovecot_compress.sh bundled with official DirectAdmin 0.0.8.

Code:
root@box:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/dovecot_compress.sh /home/user/imap/domain.com/mkt/Maildir
Checking for directories in /home/user/imap/domain.com/mkt/Maildir...
-sh: 1: Syntax error: redirection unexpected
root@box:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild#

by adding `set -x` to the bash script, it seems that it failed in this line
Code:
+ /bin/su -l -s /bin/sh -c 'umask 022; cd "/home/user/imap/domain.com/mkt/Maildir/./new" && find . -type f -name "*,S=*" ! -name "*,*:2,*,*Z*" ! -exec test -e "/home/user/imap/domain.com/mkt/Maildir/./new/../tmp"/{} \; ! -exec /usr/bin/zstdmt -l {} 2>&1>/dev/null \; -exec sh -c '\''/usr/bin/zstdmt -6 -fq $1 -o "/home/user/imap/domain.com/mkt/Maildir/./new/../tmp"/$1'\'' x {} \; -exec sh -c '\''chmod --reference=$1 "/home/user/imap/domain.com/mkt/Maildir/./new/../tmp"/$1'\'' x {} \; -exec sh -c '\''touch --reference=$1 "/home/user/imap/domain.com/mkt/Maildir/./new/../tmp"/$1'\'' x {} \;' user

Any hints?

Back