Configuration templates

elsevi

Verified User
I plan to grow in terms of managing hosting panels with DA. The thing is that I would like to know if there is any possibility of copying CB2 configuration templates and taking it to new installed server. It's possible?

if there is any possibility of copying CB2 configuration templates and taking it to new installed server. It's possible?
Can you be a bit more specific about which templates you are talking about, like give an example?

I mean custombuild configuration templates. Pass the same configuration to another server.

DA is full of templates, can you give an example? Do you mean options.conf or what or give an example of a filename?

Sorry for my English, I'm using the translator.

Yes, I am referring to the custombuild configuration. Move it to another server so as not to do it manually.

There are many things you can customize.
If you are referring to the /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf file for example, you can copy that to another server. However, you still have to use the build commands to build what is in there.

When you create this directory the correct way before you are installing Directadmin, then when using setup to install DA, there is an option to use an existing options.conf file. But I don't know that command by head, it's in the docs.

Also other customisations made, can be ofcourse copied. Depending on how you want to work.

If you mean you want to create some template yourself, which has everything included, which you can copy to a new server and then when using setup the server is installed and configured exactly the same as the other server, then I don't know if that is possible.

There are people here which do some default setup, maybe somebody will know.
Maybe @Zhenyapan or @jamgames2 any clue on this?

If you mean you want to create some template yourself, which has everything included, which you can copy to a new server and then when using setup the server is installed and configured exactly the same as the other server, then I don't know if that is possible.
Yes, that's what I mean.

and it will autoinstall all from this conf.
So you don't even need to build for example blockcracking and spamassassin yourself if that is enabled in the options.conf file? Great!

But that is not all configuration, because part of config is in the directadmin.conf file, so how will that work?

Yes, that's what I mean.
Oke so that would mean creating the /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild folder yourself then on the new server and put the options.conf file there.

???? Export and import on the same server? That would overwrite the existing one, or I'm misunderstanding something here.

Yes that's possible, but the directory has to be present.
You could for example also rsync it completely to the other server so rsync will create the directory's for you.
Or create the directory's yourself and then rsync the options.conf file to that directory. That should be no issue.

Just need to now if customisations within the directadmin.conf file can be directly installed the same way.
@Zhenyapan does that work the same way? Or are directadmin.conf settings really to be done seperately?

Just need to now if customisations within the directadmin.conf file can be directly installed the same way.
You didnt want to setup a new vServer with better IO and test it directly and inform us about the outcome? ?:cool:

in now day, I just installed and finish for one time, ( ensure to not cause any critical bug) Then I replace "directadmin.conf , options.conf, ./custom/" and rebuild again.

You didnt want to setup a new vServer with better IO
Hahaha yes maybe at home, I don't even know how to get better i/o but if I do I'll keep you informed. :D

Normally I build a server, use options.conf to set all right (so next time I will put that there before I install) and after that adjust the directadmin.conf settings and /custom directory's.
Almost kind of like @jamgames2 does.

Back