Connect DirectAdmin server to cPanel DNS cluster servers

I have a simple script to sync the DNS on my DA servers to my two cpanel DNS ONLY nameservers. I think you guys are over-thinking this:

On each cpanel DNS ONLY nameserver this script runs every 10 minutes:

#!/bin/bash
rsync -avz -e ssh [email protected]:/var/named/*.db /var/named/
cd /var/named
chown named.named *.db
/scripts/rebuilddnsconfig

Works perfectly, no need to complicate matters.

OK thanks for that I did find that file online, so good to know this is the one everyone is referring to. Next is anyone have a dns_write_post_config.php example?

Thanks

Mark

Ok I;m looking at px-dns again, it is installed but it doesn't do anything. I change a record on the DA server but it does not change it on the cpanel server. It doesn't write anything to the log file either. Any ideas?

Ok next issue, cpanel dns only does not like the named file that was synced over. I ran this manually to see if it actually worked:

/opt/px-dns-da2cp/px-dns-da2cp.sh sync xxx.xxx --ipaddr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and it does rsync the named file over and I can manually run the rndc commands but cpanel doesn't read that named file correctly. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Ok I have it working when I update a record in the DA admin area, but cpanel still doesn't like the files that are rsynced over. Any ideas?

Back