Connect DirectAdmin server to cPanel DNS cluster servers

zlygis

Coming over from cPanel DNSOnly cluster, this looks good because the zones look like a nightmare to move to DirectSlave. However, from what I see, it seems like the DNS transfer is only one way? If I delete the zone file on the the NS, the changes would not propagate backwards to the DA servers?
Got the same question – do changes on cPanel DNS only cluster propagate to DA cluster? Thank you!

shvaber

Verified User
Got the same question – do changes on cPanel DNS only cluster propagate to DA cluster? Thank you!
Good day,
I don't understand, why do you need to have 2 clusters running? DNSOnly and DA?

I had DNSOnly cluster with 2 Cpanel servers separatedly, which used that cluster. For now I have 2 DA servers and 1 Cpanel (it is still under migration), which use same DNSCLuster.

Everything is fine.

zlygis

Good day,
I don't understand, why do you need to have 2 clusters running? DNSOnly and DA?
Good point :) All my NS run on cPanel DNSonly and I was thinking about possibility to replace some or all cPanel DNSonly with DA on my DNS cluster. Guess it is not possible with currently available tools while having cPanel servers on the same NS...

I was also wondering how do solutions on this topic prevent users on DA server from creating (adding)/editing/removing DNS zones that belong to users on cPanel server? Thank you.