Connection refused / Dropped Connection every minute or so

caniac22

Hey guys,

Recently I changed my PHP version from 5.5/7.1 to 7.1/5.6 where as the first is php1 and the second is php2. After the switch I am having an issue across all of my sites where I'm failing to connect every minute or so and it takes maybe 5 seconds for the page to load again. Like I said this happens across all sites but what's weird is it doesn't affect my directadmin panel.

I'm not great with the backend stuff as I use DA to host my projects. I'm more of a web designer than a linux sysadmin. Do I need to reinstall Apache/PHP or are there log files I should check? Maybe an iptables issue but I doubt it as I think the connection refused error is because apache stops listening on port 80 and reboots.

I think i have exactly the same problem.
Centos directadmin system with nginx_apache.
Every 30secs- 1 min i get the message "The server dropped the connection unexpectedly ..."
Its like a hit and mits 7/1 times.

I'm seeing this on my own sites - php 7.2-fpm.... Although, I first thought it was Chrome (as I keep pinned tabs)...... When it's the first load, it's fine, but if you wait for a while and then navigate around, there's a hefty delay loading the page, but it's fine when you keep navigating, it's when you sit on a page for long that's when there's the delay.

Not sure if it's the same issue, I do not get any messages.

I know, but I can't simply update the OS-release. My DA's registration is linked to my VPS and OS (TransIP).
I need to get a new VPS and move everything over.

I understand what you mean, @BBM .
At a quiet moment at TransIP you can always (by someone) reinstall your server, and backup the /home and configuration on another server with the Admin backup / restore options.

I recommend to not waiting many months with this.

My problem is solved;
Strangely it was only me who had these problems. And it was only on Safari on Osx.
After many hours or searching and debugging it was an overreacting Antivirus (Avast) for mac.
Disabled Avast, problem gone.

Good luck to y'all.

Back