Converting from CentOS?

If you will be looking to move to a different OS which one?

• FreeBSD

• Debian

• Ubuntu

• Oracle Linux (not currently Supported)

• Cloud Linux OSV (not currently existing)

• Red Hat EL

• Rocky Linux (not currently existing)

• Staying on CentOS until the bitter end.

• Windows?

• Alma linux

Results are only viewable after voting.
rockylinux migrate went well,

Migrate to any OS
maybe it conflic with some extra package that you manual install by yourself

who encounter on distro-sync broken with your repo you can force with
Code:
dnf distro-sync --skip-broken
or remove your package and try re-run script migrate again.

One last question:
On this site it stands that when you convert from CentOS 8 to Almalinux you have to disable secure boot, but on the Almalinux Migration Page there is nothing written about this. Is this necessary or not important anymore? Also here says at the end you should be checking repolist, but on the Almalinux site this is not mentioned.

Can someone help with that questions.

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer for sure, but I did a Google search and found this article which declared that Almalinux 8.4 has full secure boot support:

There are more articles stating that 8.4 is with full secure boot support, but again, it's just what I found, can't give any guarantees.

My technicians migrated today the first production server successfully to Almalinux :)

Huh, I never noticed that Rocky Linux isn't officially supported by DirectAdmin, why is that? I have a Google Cloud account and they offer Rocky Linux now and I'm running DirectAdmin on it for the last six months or so.

Sure sure, thanks again Richard!
You're welcome. Fine to see all went well.

Huh, I never noticed that Rocky Linux isn't officially supported by DirectAdmin, why is that?
I thought I read somewhere that it is supported by DA, but as up now it's still not mentioned on their official supported OS page. So maybe somebody from DA can confirm (or deny) that it is supported.

I thought I read somewhere that it is supported by DA, but as up now it's still not mentioned on their official supported OS page. So maybe somebody from DA can confirm (or deny) that it is supported.
When I first saw this post, I was saying to myself why is Rocky Linux "not currently existing?" So I Googled DirectAdmin requirements and on this page there is no mention of Rocky Linux

Being as it is said to be a 100% compatible replacement for Centos 8, I never gave it a second thought. If anyone is wondering if it works, I've got six months of experience that says it does.

Being as it is said to be a 100% compatible replacement for Centos 8, I never gave it a second thought.
Exactly. So this is what did me wonder why it's not on the OS requirements page. However, existing and working is not the same as supported.
I expect it to be supported, just because of this compatibility reason.

But it's better if that is also confirmed by DA staff.

Wuhu - we just migrated the second production server to Almalinux - again no problems. Everything went smoothless.
Thumbs up for the Almalinux migration process ;-)

Back