Converting from CentOS?

Maniak

Verified User
Though Red Hat (IBM) made the decision to change the way they deliver CentOS ("kill it" for some), there is (A) still over a year to go before this affects anyone, and (B) multiple options being worked on, such as Project Lenix or Rocky Linux. There is no need to rush to convert your CentOS 8 to Debian unless you really want to do it. Lenix will likely be free and will not require any reinstallation of your CentOS.

wattie

Verified User
I used FreeBSD back in the mid 2000, I found it very stable on DA but I have not used it for many years...
I highly recommend FreeBSD as it's very stable, always upgrades flawless and it's here from decades... The last year I upped one FreeBSD 7 machine all the way up to version 11 and it just continued to work.

k1l0b1t

Verified User
I highly recommend FreeBSD as it's very stable, always upgrades flawless and it's here from decades... The last year I upped one FreeBSD 7 machine all the way up to version 11 and it just continued to work.
that's impressive! I really need to try out FreeBSD now.

bdacus01

Verified User
I know right so cool. The version to version upgrading without reinstalling is a big plus.

I am working on a pf firewall tutorial as well. The firewall is all built into the kernel in FreeBSD. Super efficient.