could I install multiple version copy of php ?

i did that and when i swith for php5.3 i get internal server error "404" and i cant see my page

when i check the phpinfo in the open_basedir is emty

can u help my with that

thenks

You CAN have PHP 5.2 and 5.3 on the system. This trick will work with CustomBuild 1.2 (PHP5.2 as CLI and 5.3 as CGI (suPHP)):
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set custombuild 1.2
./build update
mkdir -p custom/suphp
cp -pf configure/suphp/configure.php5 custom/suphp/configure.php6
perl -pi -e 's/php53/phprep/' versions.txt
perl -pi -e 's/php6/php53/' versions.txt
perl -pi -e 's/phprep/php6/' versions.txt
./build set php5_ver 5.2
./build set php6_cgi yes
./build set php5_cgi no
./build set php5_cli yes
#set php6-cgi (or cli) to yes in the options.conf
./build php n
mv -f /usr/local/php6 /usr/local/php6_old
ln -s /usr/local/php5 /usr/local/php6
Now PHP 5.3 will be installed as PHP6 in configuration files :)

mmm... to "./build php n" it's all ok, but if I create phpinfo() file the version is "PHP Version 6.0.0-dev"

If I type:

mv -f /usr/local/php6 /usr/local/php6_old
ln -s /usr/local/php5 /usr/local/php6

the version is "PHP Version 5.2.17" :confused::confused:

any solutions?

Thank You

Vito

Anyone got 5.2 cgi suphp and 5.3 cli working? Is i can see problem is still unsolved.

compiler crash

While trying to build PHP5.3 (or PHP5.4), I receive the following compile error.

Code:
/bin/sh /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc  -Iext/mysqli/ -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/mysqli/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/main -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14 -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/ereg/regex -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/mbstring/oniguruma -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/sqlite3/libsqlite -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/TSRM -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/Zend    -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -c /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c -o ext/mysqli/mysqli.lo 
In file included from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli_structs.h:61,
                 from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.14/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:33:
/usr/include/mysql/my_global.h:364:24: error: asm/atomic.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [ext/mysqli/mysqli.lo] Error 1

[root@vms custombuild]# cat /etc/issue
CentOS release 5.8 

[root@vms custombuild]# yum provides \*/atomic.h
...snip...
kernel-devel-2.6.18-308.8.2.el5.x86_64 : Development package for building kernel modules to match the kernel.
Repo        : installed
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-308.8.2.el5-x86_64/include/asm-generic/atomic.h
Filename    : /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-308.8.2.el5-x86_64/include/asm-x86_64/atomic.h
Filename    : /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-308.8.2.el5-x86_64/include/asm-i386/atomic.h
Filename    : /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-308.8.2.el5-x86_64/include/asm-generic/bitops/atomic.h

./build mysql does the following:
Code:
Dumping database x (all databases listed here)
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-client-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-devel-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-server-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-shared-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Stopping mysqld ...
Shutting down MySQL..                                      [  OK  ]
Updating MySQL 5.0.91 to 5.0.91
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
        package MySQL-shared-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64 is already installed
        package MySQL-client-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64 is already installed
        package MySQL-devel-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64 is already installed
        file /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0 from install of MySQL-shared-5.0.91-1.glibc23.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL-shared-community-5.0.51a-0.rhel4.x86_64
conflicts for what seems to be every file in the package (which seems obvious because it's replacing itself?
Then it goes on with:
Starting MySQL.                                            [  OK  ]
Giving mysqld a few seconds to start up...
Looking for 'mysql' as: /usr/bin/mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /usr/bin/mysqlcheck
This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 5.0.81, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
/usr/bin/mysqlcheck: unknown option '--fix-db-names'
cp: `/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so' and `/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so' are the same file
Restarting MySQL.
Shutting down MySQL.                                       [  OK  ]
Starting MySQL.                                            [  OK  ]
It is recommended to do "./build php n" after MySQL update.

Looks like it's just trying to swap static built RPMs instead of actually building from source.

I'd suggest switching to MySQL 5.5, I'm really not sure is it possible to use PHP >5.3 with MySQL 5.0.x

confirm 5.5 is needed

Thanks, I can confirm that it's possible to compile 5.3 when MySQL 5.5 is present. So I suppose I should first upgrade MySQL on production and then roll out PHP5.3. :)

No.

In order to compile PHP 5.3, MySQL 5.5 had to be present (as suggested in #36). If I try to compile on a system that has MySQL 5.0.81, the compile fails.

Last edited:
Back