Cpanel import fail(s)

bashy

Verified User
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
73
Hi folks, i am struggling with 3 accounts on importing from cpanel. I am using the admin interface to do the importing.

The 1st issue is for the reseller account it says that the database is locked, i cannot find anywhere to unlock it (them, x8), I didn't have this issue with the other 2 accounts,

Screenshot 2022-10-03 073037.png

The issue for the other 2 accounts appears to be due to the size of the databases perhaps, it refers to "pipe" sadly i have forgotten now and i have since reinstalled everything just in case i had messed something up and as they are quite large over 3gb (files included) for one of them i decided to leave them until i get the reseller account sorted.

I have a few more basic sites and they transferred over without a hitch, well, they did before i reinstalled it again, left those alone for now too.
 

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 30, 2021
Messages
445
hi @bashy, could you please open a ticket at https://tickets.directadmin.com. We would like to investigate this issue further.

Such issue could be caused on a very busy or overused servers where logging a single import operation log line takes more than 5 seconds to be written to disk. But I think it is unlikely so we would like to request access to look for root cause.
 

bashy

Verified User
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
73
hi @bashy, could you please open a ticket at https://tickets.directadmin.com. We would like to investigate this issue further.

Such issue could be caused on a very busy or overused servers where logging a single import operation log line takes more than 5 seconds to be written to disk. But I think it is unlikely so we would like to request access to look for root cause.

Hi fin, i will do this in a mo, thank you for taking a look, i was just doing it the long way but i have just deleted all users just now.
 

bashy

Verified User
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
73
Oh, wait, looks like i cannot, as my license is through OHV on an eco Kimsufi server :( my server is unmanaged so i am probably on my own with this...
 

bashy

Verified User
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
73
I have managed to get a bit further but probably something will be wrong that i will find later, but this time i preserved owners and ignored errors
This worked for the reseller account as mentioned in the 1st post regarding the image.

But when trying this with the larger (weather station website) it bombed out on the large database

Moving database theaccount_DBname files is the last entry in the log

That db is just under 190mb
Is it because mysql_inst was set to MariaDB, i have never used that before, its always been MySQL, i have changed it now so i will give it another go, takes a while mind...

EDIT: this is the end of the log (personal data edited)
  • Creating database user username_user for database dbname_alldata...
  • Creating database user username for database dbname_alldata...
  • Moving database dbname_alldata files...
It would be better if there was a way to exclude the db's at least then the accounts would be brought over nonetheless...
Screenshot 2022-10-04 065735.png
 
Last edited:
Top