Cpanel to DA domain transfer with lets encrypt limit

FBP

Verified User
Hello, I have transferred a domain from cpanel that has the main domain plus 130+ domain pointers, the cpanel lets encrypt setup would automatically renew the domain names, plus the www. and mail. for every domain. In total there are 400+ domains in the lets encrypt request.

When I try to setup lets encrypt on this domain in DA it fails stating 100 max domains per request. How can cpanel do it and DA not, and how can I make it work in DA? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello,

Are you sure you're using pointers_own_virtualhost=1 in directadmin.conf ? Admin SSL is coming sometime in the future to make things far easier to manage, but for now I'd suggest checking pointers_own_virtualhost=1 setting, which would let you assign different certs for different pointers.

Creating 4 separate domains having 100 domain pointers each would be another solution, they can all point to the same docroot using custom httpd configuration, that way you'd see <100 selections on SSL page.

Hello, thank you Sir for the quick reply. I do not have that option added in the da conf.

Am I correctly interpreting that by adding this option, each domain added as a pointer would auto renew with its own lets encrypt ssl cert? Thanks again.

Back