Cron issue

domecms

Verified User
I set crons on 4 sites independently to do backups 15 minutes apart, and since i did that, every night i get the following emailed to me:

/bin/chmod: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da': No such file or directory

Are my backups screwing with the DA task.queue.da?

Write to DA Support, and include your system version number.

If you're a reseller or user, and not a systems administrator, then write to your hosting company.

Jeff

Hello,

Don't worry about that error. In the cron job for diradmin, it looks something like this:
Code:
[root@server]# crontab -u diradmin -l
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
0 5 4 2 3  echo -e "action=backup&id=1&owner=reseller" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da; /bin/chmod 600 /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da
What is going on when you get the message is the action is created into the task.queue.da file exactly on the minute marker (seconds 0). The dataskq is also run exactly on the minute marker (second 0) and delete the task.queue.da file once it reads in the file. Depending on what goes first, the action, or the dataskq, you may or may not get the error message because the chmod might be run after the file is deleted by the dataskq.

So, nothing to worry about ;)

John

Cron: /bin/chmod: cannot access /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da

This is a problem:

Cron Daemon mail:
/bin/chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da': No such file or directory

cron log:
Jul 27 05:04:01 anelfo crond[4283]: (diradmin) CMD (echo -e "action=backup&id=2&owner=respack" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da; /bin/chmod 600 /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da)

No backup is generated.

An hour before (another reseller) the backup is generated normally, same cron log, but no error accessing the tast.queue.da file. I've changed the hour of the failing cron job, see what's happening tonight.

DirectAdmin version:
Compiled on CentOS 5.0 64-bit
Server Version 1.32.2
CentOS upgraded to 5.2

I hope someone solved this issue.

TIA,
Fossie

Backup not started

No one any solution for this problem?

For the moment I have to manually backup the reseller, because with cron sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've got the same issue (had it for weeks now). It's worrying since I get an email about it most nights and can't help wondering who's backups are not getting done.

I this is resolved soon. I consider this a pretty major issue since it's jeopardizing our backups.

Regards,

pete

PS. It would be great to be able to delete a system message at the same time as viewing rather than having to return to the message list, tick a box and press delete. A simple delete link in the message screen itself would be great.

Hello,

Fossie: then it's a different issue.
Check the /var/log/directadmin/errortaskq.log to see if there are errors there, and check:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=107

The chmod error is nothing to worry about since the file gets renamed that same instant, but if the error is something else, then it would have to be addressed.

if the error says that the task.queue.da cannot be accessed, then it's a permission issue. Type:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./set_permissions.sh da_files
basically, make sure that /usr/local/directadmin/data is chowned to diradmin:diradmin

I look at adding a delete button for messages.

John

Hello,

The chmod error is nothing to worry about since the file gets renamed that same instant, but if the error is something else, then it would have to be addressed.

I look at adding a delete button for messages.

John

Thanks John for looking at the delete button. Still would like to see no errors generated from the cron though. Hope you change that sometime, so that it works differently and doesn't generate the error (however, harmless it may be).

Regards, peter

Back