CSF firewall page issue in DA

Did you make extra security settings? I'm using Firefox 75.0 always with Enhanced skin and sometimes the new Evo skin, I don't have issues with the DA GUI. However I did not try the CSF Gui yet in Evolution.

Some cross site prevention security things and noscript, but noscript is then off for the hostname. Enhanced skin

Maybe. But where did you see this warning? I can check our Centos 8 VPS and look if the same is happening here.
We have it like this:
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 430 2020-03-30 21:13 startips.service

In a system log file after a update i think apache or DA itself

Enhanced skin
Must be some of those protections then causing it as you can read I also use the enhanced skin.

As for the other one, indeed I also see this when restarting bind on the Centos 8 VPS
Code:
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv dbus-daemon[1390]: [system] Reloaded configuration
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv dbus-daemon[1390]: [system] Reloaded configuration
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv systemd[1]: Reexecuting.
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv kernel: systemd: 56 output lines suppressed due to ratelimiting
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv systemd[1]: systemd 239 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT
+GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD +IDN2 -IDN +PCRE2 default-hierarchy=legacy)
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv systemd[1]: Detected virtualization kvm.
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv systemd[1]: Detected architecture x86-64.
Apr 30 01:35:00 srv systemd[1]: Configuration file /etc/systemd/system/startips.service is marked executable. Please remove executable permission bits
. Proceeding anyway.
Apr 30 01:35:01 srv systemd-tmpfiles[18725]: "/var/tmp" already exists and is not a directory.
The /var/tmp is in fact a symlink to the /tmp directory so I can ignore that one.

Looks like a change by DA, don't know why.
This is Centos 8:
Code:
-rwxr--r--   1 root root  430 2020-03-30 21:13 startips.service

and this is Centos 7:
Code:
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  380 2019-09-08 21:00 startips.service
so why did they use the executable bit on Centos 8? As far as I can see in that directory it's the only thing made executable.

As for the content, in Centos 7 this line is not present in there:
Code:
Wants=network-online.target
but I don't think this has anything to do with the executable bit. Seems it can be chmodded the same as in Centos 7.

Hi Richard.

YUP

For me it was a kind of suprise to see, i also don't know why or it is a kind of test/bug.

Lot off Network parts in CENTOS 8 are somewhat different so don't know.

That config part has changed in a DA update in a changes file here on DA you can read about it to set those yourself while a update doesn't change that setting, new installs yup.

WAIT TIME (bug) therefore:

systemd: wait until after network-online.target to call startips

Last edited:
Ah so I was correct, it was changed. :) I now chmodded it manually. The VPS with Centos 8 was a fresh install.

Thanks for fixing smtalk.

Back