Custom error pages not working

Jason566786

Verified User
I have made some custom error pages that I want new users to have instead instead of the default ones.
These are located under the default folder of the reseller. The files in there are copied nicely to the new user's domain folder.
Now, when I type a wrong link I get the correct custom 404.shtml. But, when I force a 403 error I get the default error page, same goes for the 500 error.

These files are all above 512 bytes. I also restarted appache.

When I check the user settings Custom error pages settings, the files in there are all the correct ones.

Does anyone have a clue how to troubleshoot this?

I also noticed that the 400.shtml entry is missing from the Custom error pages settings, any idea how to add it?

I was able to fix this by adding the ErrorDocument directive to the .htaccess file like this:
ErrorDocument 403 /403.shtml

If anyone has more information on why the Custom error page settings do not take effect I would appreciate it.

Thanks

did you go in the users area and use
1588537652431.png
When you do edit past in what you want or edit the name to match your file. Does this help.

this post might help to.

The default settings under Custom error pages were left untouched, I just edited the default files under the users domain through FTP. I have it working now, thanks anyways!

Back