customapache build php failing

kwyjibo

Verified User
Hello,
I was just installing expat and Sablotron so I could enable XSLT support in PHP. I currently am using PHP 4.3.10 and Apache 1.3.33. and mySQL 4.0.17 Prior to this, my ./build php hasn't given me problems. However now I am trying to re-build php and I get an error during the build process at:

checking for MySQL support... yes
checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... no
checking size of char... 1
checking size of int... (cached) 4
checking size of long... (cached) 4
checking size of long long... 8
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for type ulong... yes
checking for type uchar... no
checking for type uint... yes
checking for type ushort... yes
checking for int8... no
checking base type of last arg to accept... socklen_t
checking return type of qsort... void
checking for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for mysql_error in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: mysql configure failed. Please check config.log for more information.

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file

This is without changing the configure.php after doing:

./build clean
rm -f configure.*
./build update
./build php

It appears to not be finding mysql in the proper location judging by the error message, but the script by default sets the mysql option in configure.php to --with-mysql=/usr so I don't see how I can fix this error.

I should also add that wiping out the entire customapache directory except for build, and going through the same process results in the same exact error message regarding mysql_close

You don't say which OS you're using.

If you're using a RHL or RHEL based OS, then DA expects to find and use MySQL where the rpm install puts it. Did you update MySQL? If so did you update it with an RPM or build from source?

if you built from source DA's scripts could be looking for files in places they no longer exist.

Have you checked the log file as recommended?

Jeff

Back