Custombuild (Corrupted Plugin) on DA 1.645

zwankie

Verified User
Hi,

I have a fresh install of DA 1.645 on AlmaLinux8 - everything went well during the installation and testing.
Custombuild was not listed in the Plugin Manager since CB is now part of DA.

A number of hours later I noticed an orange circle next to a new "custombuild" line in Plugin Manager.
When I click the orange circle it states "Corrupted Plugin".
There is no version details next to this custombuild entry.

Has anyone seen this or know what causes it?

I wonder if it is an issue in CB or if it has something to do with the Comodo WAF (CWAF 2.24.5) plugin that gives this error when I try to update it.

comodo_waf successfully downloaded
Error unpacking /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/comodo_waf/plugin.tar.gz : Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/comodo_waf/plugin.tar.gz :
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
/bin/tar: Child returned status 1
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
: tar returned error code 2

Update: It seems this happens after installing the Daflare plugin.
Has anyone seen this before, or on other plugins and how do we check to either correct this or remove the error notification once the plugin is removed?

Another update. It looks like some plugins cause custombuild to be added into /usr/local/directadmin/plugins with a few sub-folders but they are all empty. This produces the Custombuild plugin to show up in the Plugin Manager with a warning that Custombuild is a corrupt plugin.

I've only noticed and tested this on DA version 1.645 fresh install so I can't comment on earlier versions where CB is still a plugin.

It was safe to Delete the extra Custombuild plugin from within the Plugin Manager since I had no other plugins except CFS installed.

Last edited:
I have a new server with DirectAdmin 1.645 and Custombuild is showing in Plugin Manager with the same icon that pops up "Corrupted Plugin". I have ConfigServer Firewall and JetBackup plugins installed. I have done nothing but looked at it. :)

Does anyone at DirectAdmin know if it is safe for me to delete the entry or is this going to be fixed?

Back