CustomBuild Install Problems - CSF and LibModSecurity

beansbaxter

Verified User
Following the instructions here, I created a custom options.conf file before running the DA setup script.

CSF Override
CSF is set to "no" in options, but the Setup script changes this to "yes" and installs CSF. How to fix this?

Secure PHP Override
Secure PHP is set to "no" and the Setup script says changes this to "yes". Why the override?

LibModSecurity Error
CustomBuild installation fails, with the following error showing in the log:

Code:
*** There was an error while trying to configure LibModSecurity
sh: /usr/sbin/httpd: No such file or directory
info executing task

2022/12/28 03:01:49  info executing task            task=action=notify&message=CustomBuild+installation+has+failed%2C+please+check+the+following+file+for+more+information%3A%0A%2Fvar%2Flog%2Fdirectadmin%2Fcustombuild.1672196442.5295.log&subject=CustomBuild+installation+has+failed&value=admin

If it matters, I have:
  • webserver=nginx
  • modsecurity=yes
  • modsecurity_ruleset=comodo
How to fix this?

Last edited:
CSF Override
CSF is set to "no" in options, but the Setup script changes this to "yes" and installs CSF. How to fix this?
Secure PHP Override
Secure PHP is set to "no" and the Setup script says changes this to "yes". Why the override?

Code:
DA_SKIP_CSF=true DA_SKIP_SECURE_PHP=true ./setup.sh LICENSE-KEY

LibModSecurity Error
CustomBuild installation fails, with the following error showing in the log:
I'd suggest creating a ticket on this one

Hm, it should work fine with pcre2-devel, which gets installed by CustomBuild. Do you have pcre2-devel as well on your system?

Just checked, and pcre2-devel shows as installed.

When I had the problem, this was a fresh and clean install of AlmaLinux 8. Removing the option to install ModSecurity allowed the DA installation to proceed. And then adding ModSecurity later showed the same error, and adding pcre-devel allowed ModSecurity to proceed.

Back