Customizing a User Panel

odhiambo

Hello good people,

Please bear with me as I am new to this.

I am trying to remove some icons from a user panel when they login to DA.

The attached picture shows a user panel when they login to DA.

I have read this document - https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2748 - which I think explains how that is done. I am not sure if this is the correct document. I have read it over 10x and I am still left fumbling.

What do I need to do to remove all these icons from the user page and only leave the "sitepad website builder" icon?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• da.PNG
    da.PNG
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
To disable the icons, use the Customize (Evolution?) Skin interface in the panel while logged in as the reseller that will own the accounts that this will apply to. Click the Menu: User tab , then click each section twice, then click the Enabled checkbox to disable and save. Repeat for each section/item you want disabled. Under the Extra Features section, don't click the section itself, but rather, click each individual item beneath it except for SitePad Website Builder item and then click the enable checkbox to disable.

Now, you also have to disable the functionality in addition to the links/icons, which can be done using Feature Sets. First you need to figure out the CMD_ that is called when the SitePad Website Builder button is clicked. Do this by running DA in debug mode and grepping for CMD_ while you click the SitePad Website Builder button. For example, I see this when I click on an example hello_world plugin:
Command::doCommand(/CMD_PLUGINS/hello_world)

Now, once you know the CMD_, you can create your feature set. Add the CMD_ to the file here (this file will not exist, so you must create it):
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/feature_sets/sitepad_only/commands.allow

You may also need to create the following, containing the text SitePad Website Builder Only for your feature set:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/feature_sets/email_only/lang/en.name.txt

Then:

Code:
chown diradmin.diradmin /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/feature_sets/sitepad_only/

Now, go back and edit the Feature Set assignment via the package and/or user.conf with feature_sets=sitepad_only
When you want a new user to be created with this setup, just create the new user with the feature set 'sitepad_only'.

Note that you may have to allow users some CMD_HTM* commands so that they have access to the panel.

Test and let us know how this works! :)

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
To disable the icons, use the Customize (Evolution?) Skin interface in the panel while logged in as the reseller that will own the accounts that this will apply to. Click the Menu: User tab , then click each section twice, then click the Enabled checkbox to disable and save. Repeat for each section/item you want disabled. Under the Extra Features section, don't click the section itself, but rather, click each individual item beneath it except for SitePad Website Builder item and then click the enable checkbox to disable.

Hi Scriptkitty, i got the extra feature, but cant see the sitepad entry :(

customize evo skin - extra.jpg

Yes Sitepad is installed (as Softaculous as Installatron et al). Must the entry maybe manually added?

Back