DA 1.39.0 & MySQL 5.5.13 libmysqlclient problem

jw00dy

Verified User
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
367
Location
Utah, USA
I've searched the forums for a solution and could not find one, so I'm posting for some help.

I'm on CentOS 5.6 64bit
MySQL Version: 5.5.13
Da Version: 1.39.0

Last night DA updated to 1.39.0 and this morning I had a ton of errors about libmysqlclient.so.16 missing. DA was not running at this point.

I used this help to at least get it running: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=236

I linked libmysqlclient.so.16 to libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0

Code:
cd /usr/lib64
ln -s libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0 libmysqlclient.so.16
ldconfig
That at least allows DA to run (which it wouldn't before).

Now I'm getting this error:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so.16: no version information available (required by /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin)
I am not sure how to fix this?
 

jw00dy

Verified User
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
367
Location
Utah, USA
Thanks, but that's the article I already linked to and tried to use to fix the problem already.

It didn't fix it.

The debian fix at the bottom is similar but the directory structure isn't the same?
 

scsi

Verified User
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
4,695
The file you linked is different then the one in the help guide.

so.18.0.0 is not the same as so.18
 

jw00dy

Verified User
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
367
Location
Utah, USA
The file you linked is different then the one in the help guide.

so.18.0.0 is not the same as so.18
On my CentOS box it actually is. so.18 is a link to so.18.0.0
Code:
# ls -la |grep libmysql
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       17 Jun 13 11:39 libmysqlclient_r.so -> libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       17 Jun 13 11:39 libmysqlclient_r.so.18 -> libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       17 Jun 13 11:39 libmysqlclient_r.so.18.0.0 -> libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       20 Jun 13 11:39 libmysqlclient.so -> libmysqlclient.so.18
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       24 Jun 27 11:26 libmysqlclient.so.16 -> libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       24 Jun 13 11:39 libmysqlclient.so.18 -> libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  6853576 May 11 10:52 libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0
Have you tried to do:

aptitude update
aptitude -y install libmysqlclient16

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/ia64/libmysqlclient16/filelist
I'm not on Debian. yum -y install libmysqlclient16 doesn't seem to work on CentOS
 

jw00dy

Verified User
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
367
Location
Utah, USA
Ok, I got mine to work by copying libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0 from another DA server I have that is similar, but isn't running the latest version of MySQL (5.1.57).

This is a solution I was able to do, but I don't think it's a very good one since not everyone will be able to do this. Though I'm sure DA will come up with a better solution like they did before to fix this.
 

jw00dy

Verified User
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
367
Location
Utah, USA
I just undid everything I had done to test and yep, it fixes it.

Thanks for you help Jeff. I'm now on 1.39.1 and DA works fine now with libmysqlclient.so.18
 
Top