DA issue while exporting backup [No error shown in DA message about the issue]

sufiyanshaikh

Verified User
I have lost "Database" data of my users.
I created backup of all DA accounts and there was no error shown for the account.
After I restored them, there was no error too that time.

But my clients started complaining about incomplete database and full database loss.
I checked the backup file I found error while exporting logged in dump.log file

---------
mysqldump: Got error: 145: Table './develope_wp23/cerber_traffic' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES
---------

This error should be shown when I created backup but no error was shown.

Who is responsible for my data loss?
I migrated 203 DA accounts and till now 14 clients have complained about data loss.

Did you periodically verify the backup AND restore process? I agree that if data is missing from the backup, there should be warnings or error messages to the operator.

To answer your last question, I suspect there are terms and conditions in place releasing DA of liability, so I suspect that "responsibility" will fall on you. I've been asking questions about the DA backups lately because I (personally) don't feel comfortable relying on it for irreplaceable data yet.

We use DirectAdmin to backup all databases every night, and we have never had any problems with missing data after restore. Also I recently migrated every customers on one CentOS 7 server to a new CentOS 8 server using DirectAdmin built in backup/restore, and we did not have any problems with missing data. However we use MariaDB 10.3.x, and I think @sufiyanshaikh use MySQL 8 (I think he said so in another forum thread), and I would not know if there is any bug related to backup/restore of MySQL 8, as we do not use MySQL.

Edit: Here is the other related thread from @sufiyanshaikh wich give more information about the issue he describe above: https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/database-routine-missing.59738/

Did you periodically verify the backup AND restore process? I agree that if data is missing from the backup, there should be warnings or error messages to the operator.

To answer your last question, I suspect there are terms and conditions in place releasing DA of liability, so I suspect that "responsibility" will fall on you. I've been asking questions about the DA backups lately because I (personally) don't feel comfortable relying on it for irreplaceable data yet.

I understand there are terms and conditions but I never faced any issues when I was using "cPanel/WHM"
I used cPanel/WHM for like 3yrs and migrated more than 1000+ (I am a hosting provider).
All sites which I migrated from cPanel to cPanel had 100% of its data. In rare case I had warnings that too was not a big deal as "Error" was shown if something went wrong.

But in case of DA, it was shown successful and no errors/warnings was shown.
I migrated just like I did on cPanel/WHM relaying on its "full account backup feature".

But what I got?
16 lost DB's and still counting..

How should I compensate for the data loss to my client which are using my service from long time by trusting me?
DA software should at least show "warnings" if something went wrong.
The export log shows warning when checked inside the backup file after missing DB's were reported but not a single error was shown when DA was backing up my users.

We use DirectAdmin to backup all databases every night, and we have never had any problems with missing data after restore. Also I recently migrated every customers on one CentOS 7 server to a new CentOS 8 server using DirectAdmin built in backup/restore, and we did not have any problems with missing data. However we use MariaDB 10.3.x, and I think @sufiyanshaikh use MySQL 8 (I think he said so in another forum thread), and I would not know if there is any bug related to backup/restore of MySQL 8, as we do not use MySQL.

Edit: Here is the other related thread from @sufiyanshaikh wich give more information about the issue he describe above: https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/database-routine-missing.59738/

Yes I use MYSQL because my client's prefer it over MariaDB.
Even I am shocked by the missing data.
---------------
Also cPanel take 100% data but DA backup miss database routine data (confirmed by DA support team. Proof attached)

---------

WHY DID DIRECTADMIN TEAM DID NOT INFORM THIS EARLIER ?
WHAT IS THE USE OF BACKING UP DA ACCOUNTS WITH BACKUP FEATURE WHEN 100% data is not backed up.

I faced 2 issues with DA backup.
1) 100% Missing data on random DB's
2) No 100% backup of database data

Attachments

• paulius.png
    paulius.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 12
Because some people like to abuse it to advertise their stuff it seems..... I like to call that spam when it's happening in their first post especially.

@sysdev May I please know which previous post dates are you referring to?
@Richard G May I please know if you are saying that I tried to "spam" by posting my problem in this forum?

May I please know if you are saying that I tried to "spam" by posting my problem in this forum?
Like Sysdev said. So we were not referring to you, it looks that way now (because they are deleted), but we were indeed referring to the removed posts.

Back