DA re-install

Webfoundry

Verified User
Ok, this might sound stupid, but I set up a new CentOS on Linode, and DA administrators were so kind to have DA CustomBuild 2.0 installed on this system with a nginx frontend and apache as backend.

Yesterday I wanted to have my firewall installed (CSF) and only then I realised I staged the wrong CentOS (version 5.x instead of 6.x). Hehehe ... I know ... **** happens.

So to be short : I need to reinstall the system (not really a big deal) with the latest CentOS, but this means I also have to reinstall DA. As I can't ask DA support again to do a reinstall, I'll do it myself by following http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=44743

Only : it's not clear to me on how I can do the nginx front and apache back combination.

Is anyone willing to give me some guidance ?

The mail I got from DA administration was :

I've installed CustomBuild 2.0 with the apache_nginx option (nginx as a proxy to apache).
I also installed the latest pre-release DA binaries as they have some changes for this, and set ajax=1.

apache+ngnix is a fairly new server combination, so keep an eye out of issues or bugs, and report to the CustomBuild 2.0 forum section, as needed (if a report has not already been made)
Also, it uses php-fpm, instead of mod_php, as nginx needs it that way.

Write down your ip, license key and client id thats all you need to reinstall. You also might need to have your license changed to centos6. I am not sure if the same license works on both versions. If you have to change your license you have to email directadmin support to do that.

Back