Daily Backup?

Sure, setup DirectAdmin @ Your Reseller -> Manage User Backups to FTP backups every day to a remote server :)

Actually, I'm not sure if this only runs once, or reoccurs with the cron setup you specify. If it doesn't reoccur, there ought to be a checkbox asking if you'd like to make it reoccurring. I suppose an alternative is to setup your own cronjob which adds the backup command to DA's queue however often you want it to backup.

Last edited:
Recurring backups are done by cron, so they'll run as often as you set (You can use the * characters). You can also chose to just run it once.

John

I have a couple of questions about this feature:-

1) is it possible to automatically add all new users to the backup schedule?

2) is the data compressed as it is copied?

3) is it just the user files that are backup up, or the system/OS etc?

Thanks

1, i believe it can be done if you choose "All" when setup the backup cron.

2. i'm not sure and i also wanted to konw,

also, will daily cron create a new backup and delete the previous backup? later go check my backups.

3. system/OS won't be backuped for sure.

1. In testing, we need to redefine new users weekly (or as they're added) to the automated backup cron we have... new ones are not automatically added.

2. Yes, it's all compressed into a gzipped tarball...

3. System and OS are NOT backed up - but config settings are.

hi,

is there anyway to make a cron job that backups the user accounts to tape drive???

thanks

You could probably run a dailiy local backup, then just take those files and copy them to the tape drive (however it get's written to). Just make sure the tape drive cron runs well after the backup is finished so that da isn't still writing the backups before the tape drive starts to be written to.

John

Back