Darwin skin

I've recently posted in the Dixie skin thread that I'm interested in offering my clients both the Darwin skin and the Dixie skin, but to do so I'd have to have available versions of site-helper for both, to avoid a support nightmare.

Is anyone interested in working on a version of site-helper (and the reseller version thereof) for Darwin?

@smtalk: Would you give any developer working on the project permission to use your images?

Jeff

That's only images that would need to be replaced in site-helper :) And yes, there are no problems using screenshots of darwin anywhere.

Responsive version of the skin should be available in a few months :) Testing/demo might be available after 2-3 weeks.

I've always liked this skin ...... a lot.......(although I dont care for the name lol)
I've even considered to do extra design work and to write a site helper but time is always an issue.
other's post new skins and my fear is they disappear and now you have a dead skin but smtalk has been around since the beginning of time...JK.. and so working with or using this skin makes more sense to me.
Im so interested in seeing the Responsive/fluid/mobile ready version
I really want to find time to create a site helper and then USE this skin lol.
I cant speak for others but this skin is mostly 'Self Explanatory' and scratch my head why a site helper is 100% needed?
maybe just me but I never even used DA's site helper, well except for visiting to see how they set it up.

I have had my share of clients in the past and for them to actually use DA control Panel is very limited, they setup email accounts and thats about the extent of it, once the site is active they rarely go back, I do installs for them, hand them the keys and thats about it , or they use Installatron.

I dont see what you see, tried Safari, Opera, FireFox, IE, Chrome?
are you using MS or a Linux OS?, maybe a mobile device?

Firefox 26.0 on MS here, no troubles
need another Linux person to see what they see

I'm using a slightly older version of Firefox, on Mint Linux. No problems.

But let's look at something else:

@Martynas: are you setting a width for the boxes, in characters? And what is your default font? Perhaps user doesn't have default font installed and system is configuring width improperly.

@bluebirdnet: did it work properly for you with a previous version of Firefox on your system?

Jeff

I'm looking to reskin our DA servers and doing some email only hosting. Figured I'd just use DA as Jeff's exim.conf works well as does DA... just don't care for the skins. There is a Capri skin but it looks like it's fallen to the side for updates but they did offer a nice email only skin. Dixie isn't bad either.

I'd love to have an email only skin as an option so I can offer some clean UI DA email hosting.

Hi Martynas
have you had time to work on this skin?
this is a very nice skin as well and worthy of mention and use :cool:

Responsive version of the skin should be available in a few months :) Testing/demo might be available after 2-3 weeks.

dumb question: how does the skin update? automatically?

current skin does not seem to support new Ajax feature of DA.

thanks!

Hm, please try:
Code:
mkdir -p /root/darwin
cd /root/darwin
wget -O darwin.sh http://www.custombuild.eu/darwin/darwin.sh
chmod 755 darwin.sh
./darwin.sh all

AJAX should be supported there. And updates should be done automatically using a cronjob (these commands would fix it up for you too).

Back