database backup feature won't work

Hello,

I'd like to have a look at the account that isn't working. If you could send an email to [email protected] with the ip, root password, da login/pass, the domain name and database name, I could have a look and see what's up.

John

I'm thinking that this is a bug not in DirectAdmin but rather mysql.

Ensim has this exact problem although it states when you first open the panel, you *must* change your mysql password to gain access. This is probably a cover up for the problem that DirectAdmin is currently facing.

Can you log into phpMyAdmin / MySQL (directly, through shell) before modifying the password?

Chris

I'm thinking that instead of using their login username/pass, we could just use the da_admin login/pass, which will have access over all databases and won't have password problems..

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

I'd like to have a look at the account that isn't working. If you could send an email to [email protected] with the ip, root password, da login/pass, the domain name and database name, I could have a look and see what's up.

John

our server details where i have this problem with have been mailed yesterday

ip: 81.23.xxx.xxx

uhm i seem to know what the problem is:
when i login as reseller and then login from my reseller account to the user account the backup isn't working

If login directly into this users account, the backup of the mysql is included. Obviously this isn't a solution, cause from 90% of my accounts i don't know the password, cause users change it

please, solve this problem, cause its pretty annoying....

Hello,

There isn't whole lot we can do. The mysql username/password used to access mysql is deteremined from the login/password used to login to DirectAdmin, so natually, your Reseller password won't match the User's mysql password. I'll look into using the root mysql account to do the dump.. but that's a bit of a security risk.. I'll look into it to see if it's possible to do (I agree that it's a bit confusing)

John

Hi,

I'm using DA 1.21.0 and I have this problem as well. Tried the changing passwords trick and it still doesn't seem to work. It did work back in December but suddenly stopped. I have a feeling it was when my host upgraded DA. I'm with Tektonik.

Any further suggestions?

Hello,

Right now, the database dump uses the da_admin loging/pass to dump the databases.. DA just does a check to ensure that the database belongs to the correct person. This allows Resellers to dump the DB using the "login as" feature.

So passwords used by the user really have no affect for the "Download" link on the MySQL screen in DA.. so if the dump isn't working.. I'd recommend trying to manually do it with the da_admin login/pass from the command line to see what it spits out.

cat /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf
to get the da_admin login/pass
Code:
/usr/bin/mysqldump -u da_admin -p --add-drop-table --all --extended-insert --quick --no-create-db username_db
where username_db is the database name.

John

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been dashing about the country this week.

Thanks for the answer, that may go some way to explaining my problem as I'm an admin but not the root user. I'll need to get the password to that from my partner.

That said, it used to work for my login but suddenly stopped.

Let you know how I get on once I've spoken to my partner.

Back