Date :(

knorde

Verified User
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
46
Hello,

I have a very strange problem:

When i send mail with my mailserver to domains into my server the date is always january.
When i send mail with my mailserver to another domains not listed in my server the date is ok.

I have this problem only when i have the option in outlook authentication required on.
But when i turn that off i can't send mail...
I have try this on 4 computers but still not working...
Plz help me :(
 

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
9,070
Hello,

The mailserver uses the system date. If the system date is correct, then some other mailserver has a wrong time set.

John
 

knorde

Verified User
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
46
DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

The mailserver uses the system date. If the system date is correct, then some other mailserver has a wrong time set.

John
The system date is correct.
I send a mail from my own mailserver to my own mailserver (the same mailserver) and the time is incorrect only when i checked the option authentication required...
 

knorde

Verified User
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
46
I have found the solution:

I have to check the option first login to incomming email before send en that works fine :)
Thanx!
 

knorde

Verified User
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
46
It is 1 may and now i have the same problem :|
Is this a bug or can anybody give me a solution?
I search hours and hours but can't find anything :(
 

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
Joined
Jun 16, 2003
Messages
26,119
Location
California
I don't understand, because you previously said everything worked if you logged in to check email first.

That would tend to indicate the problem is in your mail client.

If you're sure the problem is in your mailserver and not in any of the mail clients used to check, then you need someone with unix/linux experience to look into the system for you and try to figure out the problem.

Jeff
 

knorde

Verified User
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
46
Now finaly we find the problem...
Exim has a dutch language and the server english...
The month April is the same in dutch and english
That's why it worked correct for 1 month...
Now exim is english to and it works fine...
That was the problem!
Thanx for the support!
 
Top