Debian 6

h2d

Verified User
Has anyone tried this yet?

Will the debian 5 license work ?

Please tell us specifically what you hear that leads you to believe it's garbage. Otherwise you're just spreading FUD.

Jeff

Debian 6.0 64bit problem

Hello,

Have anyone succeeded in installing DA on 64bit Debian 6.0?

Just tried to install the software but with no luck. Here's the error message:

--2011-02-16 09:48:50-- http://files.directadmin.com/services/services_debian60_64.tar.gz
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 72.35.85.222
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|72.35.85.222|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2011-02-16 09:48:52 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Error downloading the services file

... and that's it. I'd really appreciate your help.

P.S. I can play with custom config if required but installing lenny is not a solution.

Best regards,
mrCha

Hello,

Have anyone succeeded in installing DA on 64bit Debian 6.0?

Just tried to install the software but with no luck. Here's the error message:

--2011-02-16 09:48:50-- http://files.directadmin.com/services/services_debian60_64.tar.gz
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 72.35.85.222
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|72.35.85.222|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2011-02-16 09:48:52 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Error downloading the services file

... and that's it. I'd really appreciate your help.

P.S. I can play with custom config if required but installing lenny is not a solution.

Best regards,
mrCha

I got this problem too. directadmin still not support debian 6 64bit I think.

yes the 64bit file seems to be not present in directadmin's repository, just the 32bit one http://files.directadmin.com/services/services_debian60.tar.gz

Regards

Now you can find services_debian for 64bit but support DirectAdmin told me that Debian 6 is still in alpha testing.
I tried install directadmin on Debian 6 64bit but :
- first problem with pcre - during compile php "could find pcre.so" - solution - I add to configure.php5 --with-libdir=/usr/local/lib
After this next one - could find OpenSSL library - I added --with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl
After - next one - configure: error: Cannot find OpenSSL's <evp.h> - but I couldn't find solution for this (I have installed libssl-dev) - file evp.h is in /usr/include/openssl

So I will have to wait for full support Debian 6 64bit.

Last edited:
I too am waiting with anticipation for DA to support Debian 6.

It is important that the software run on the stable version of that distro. As Debian has now moved Lenny (Debian 5) to "oldstable", it is important to make the necessary upgrades to DA to work on Debian 6.

I've been using Debian for many many years - and don't want to change to CentOS or something else. I also don't appreciate people bad-mouthing Debian, especially if they cannot come up with a valid explanation.

I hope that Debian 6 will be support really quickly. I have one machine which should add to production but I'd like to give Debian 6 not Debian 5.

I found yet another problem.
Code:
apt-get update
/usr/lib/apt/methods/gpgv: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg.so.4.10)

Last edited:
Any news on whether DA is planned to support Debian 6 x64?

We're planning a server migration to Debian and I need to be certain our OS will be supported!

Hello,

The zlib version error is a bug with zlib version 1.2.3.
Version 1.2.5 is the current version, but when we tried to update, many other items needed to be updated as well (mainly libxml2). Due the number of issues with the update (which was attempted a few times), we fell back to 1.2.3, as it doesn't break anything with those warnings, it's just annoying. You're welcome to try and update to 1.2.5 by editing the versions.txt, but you'll also need to set libxml2 2.7.7 or newer.

The Debian 6 32-bit and 64-bit builds are currently available, but are in Alpha testing, so not quite ready for production use (you can use them if you really want to)

John

The Debian 6 32-bit and 64-bit builds are currently available, but are in Alpha testing, so not quite ready for production use (you can use them if you really want to)
Is the "rough ETA" mentioned on the system requirements page an ETA for when the stable release is expected or just for the alpha?

That was for alpha.
However, we've tested it on a few boxes so far, and not seen any major issues.
I'm going to upgrade it to beta.

John

debian 6 + mysql 5.5

i have the follow problem

Stopping DirectAdmin: [ OK ]
Starting DirectAdmin: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16: no version information available (required by /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin)
[ OK ]

root@srv03:~# ls -lia /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16
22283597 lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 24 14 mar 14.33 /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16 -> libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0
root@srv03:~# ls -lia /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0
22283627 -rwxr-xr-x 1 mysql mysql 6840364 20 gen 21.10 /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0

i try mysql 5.1 and all works ok ..

any idea?

Hello,

Are you using the Debian 6 binaries?
If you're using the Debian 5 binaries, then that would be why.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
./directadmin o
John

Back