Debian 6

root@srv03:/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin o
./directadmin: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16: no version information available (required by ./directadmin)
Compiled on 'Debian 5.0 64-bit'
Compile time: Jan 10 2011 at 18:01:59

but i have debian 6
why directadmin uses 5 binary?

# cat /etc/debian_version

in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/setup.txt
i have
services=services_debian60_64.tar.gz

Hello,

The OS of the binaries you get is set in your license.
This is specified when you order the license, but can be changed if you email us your license ID and desired OS version.

John

in the Operating System list is not present Debian 6 64bit

what i can do ?

After install Debian 6 64bit i get this errors:

SquirrelMail 1.4.21 installation is done.

* All parts have been installed *

Type: /etc/init.d/httpd restart
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

what is going wrong?
i have serveral times tried to setup DA with everytime a clean debian install, everytime ending with this errors
i am installing DA with option 2(php5) and default settings...

Last edited:
find out of the library is on your system. If so, make a link from wherever it's being looked for. If it's not, install it.

Jeff

To check the OS of your license, login to your Clients Section, click your license and it should show you what OS it is. If you need to change it, just send us an email. Include your license ID and the OS version you're running (including 64-bit) and we'll change it for you and let you know how to get the new binaries.

John

When will it be available

I see DirectAdmin for Debian 6 is still in Beta testing (Debian 6.0 is currently in BETA testing (32 & 64 bit).

When do you expect it will be ready? Because it's in Beta testing for weeks now..

Thanks.

There have not been any major issues from the systems that have tested it, but I cannot say that there have been a huge number of systems that have tried it. I can say that it's "less" beta than it was before ;) Probably a week or so until it's proves itself.

John

You can download them now if you wish. They're OS codename "Nintendo" and "Nintendo 64" in the OS dropdown when ordering a license (for 32-bit and 64-bit, respectively)

John

Hello,

I'd say it's ready to be declared stable.
There were a few hiccups with MySQL 5.5, but I think they're sorted out as the reports have stopped.

John

How can I correct problem with libz ?

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg.so.4.10)

I tried find newer version from backports, but doesn't exist.

Last edited:
How can I correct problem with libz ?

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg.so.4.10)

I tried find newer version from backports, but doesn't exist.
Is this issue somehow related to DirectAdmin? Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't problems with apt-get be reported to the mintainers of your OS distribution?

Jeff

Is this issue somehow related to DirectAdmin? Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't problems with apt-get be reported to the mintainers of your OS distribution?

Jeff
It is related in that the DirectAdmin install (or something in Custombuild) apparently overwrites a file or changes a symlink causing that error to show up. Twice I've started with clean Debian 6 machines and after the DA install (via Custombuild 1.2) they end up in this state.

I've seen the thread here (http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38331) that may offer some sort of resolution, although I'm hesitant to go mucking around manually changing library files. It would certainly be nice to get an official fix in Custombuild so the system does not end up in this state.

Back