Debian 9.3 install problem MariaDB/MySQL

Kale

Hi, bit of a noob having a problem to get DirectAdmin installed and working on Debian 9.3.

The problem is that the install script runs into problems while installing mysql, i manage to get all running except MariaDB/MySQL.

been trying a couple of days now to see if i can take this hurdle but no luck sofar so i ask here hoping that somebody can help me. Maybe its straight forward how to address this but i surely do not see it.

I'm on a VPS and have set up Debian 9.3 as SSH Server, then i did run the pre-install commands before starting the install. I'm using custombuild 2.0 with its "default settings of apache 2.4 with mod_ruid2 and php 7.0 cli":

Code:
... [B]DirectAdmin will now be installed on: debian 9.3[/B]
Is this correct? (must match license) (y,n) : y
You have chosen custombuild 2.0.
--2017-12-11 12:29:46--  http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/2.0/custombuild/build
Resolving files.directadmin.com (files.directadmin.com)... 69.162.69.58, 208.167.226.3, 216.144.254.90
Connecting to files.directadmin.com (files.directadmin.com)|69.162.69.58|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 702418 (686K)
Saving to: ‘/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build’

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build       100%[=================================================================================================>] 685.96K   863KB/s    in 0.8s

2017-12-11 12:29:47 (863 KB/s) - ‘/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build’ saved [702418/702418]

[B]Would you like the default settings of apache 2.4 with mod_ruid2 and php 7.0 cli? (y/n): y[/B]
Using the default settings for custombuild.
Cannot find /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf, writing defaults.
Downloading             versions.txt ...

Then it goes wrong at this point and MariaDB/MySQL does not get installed:
Code:
... 2017-12-11 12:31:39 (11.0 MB/s) - ‘/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/packages/services.tar.gz’ saved [590959323/590959323]

Extracting services file...
Found /etc/mysql: moved to /etc/mysql.moved
Warning: The home dir /usr/local/mysql you specified can't be accessed: No such file or directory
Adding system user `mysql' (UID 109) ...
Adding new group `mysql' (GID 113) ...
Adding new user `mysql' (UID 109) with group `mysql' ...
Not creating home directory `/usr/local/mysql'.
[B]Installing MariaDB/MySQL system tables in './data' ...
./bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libnuma.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Installation of system tables failed! [/B] Examine the logs in
./data for more information.

The problem could be conflicting information in an external
my.cnf files. You can ignore these by doing:

shell> scripts/mysql_install_db --defaults-file=~/.my.cnf

You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:

shell> ./bin/mysqld --skip-grant --general-log &

and use the command line tool ./bin/mysql
to connect to the mysql database and look at the grant tables:

shell> ./bin/mysql -u root mysql
    mysql> show tables;

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths.  Using
--general-log gives you a log in ./data that may be helpful.

The latest information about mysql_install_db is available at
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/installing-system-tables-mysql_install_db
MariaDB is hosted on launchpad; You can find the latest source and
email lists at http://launchpad.net/maria

Please check all of the above before submitting a bug report
at http://mariadb.org/jira

Found /etc/mysql: moved to /etc/mysql.moved
--2017-12-11 12:32:05--  http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/2.0/custombuild/configure/systemd/mysqld.service.debian
Resolving files.directadmin.com (files.directadmin.com)... 69.162.69.58, 208.167.226.3, 216.144.254.90
Connecting to files.directadmin.com (files.directadmin.com)|69.162.69.58|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 882
Saving to: ‘/etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service’

/etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service             100%[=================================================================================================>]     882  --.-KB/s    in 0s

2017-12-11 12:32:05 (154 MB/s) - ‘/etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service’ saved [882/882]

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mysqld.service → /etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service.
● mysqld.service - MySQL database server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2017-12-11 12:32:06 CET; 10ms ago
 Main PID: 9914 (mysqld_safe)
    Tasks: 7 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/mysqld.service
           ├─9914 /bin/sh /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data --pid-file=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld.pid --socket=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock
           └─9923 /bin/sh /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data --pid-file=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld.pid --socket=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock

Dec 11 12:32:06 "[I]server-anonimized.example.com[/I]" systemd[1]: Started MySQL database server.
[B]Waiting for mysqld to start....
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock' (2)[/B]
phpMyAdmin to be installed through custombuild ...

Hope that someone knows how to fix this. I did try the suggested fixes like running "scripts/mysql_install_db --defaults-file=~/.my.cnf" (from \usr\local\mariadb-10.2.10-linux-glibc_214-x86_64\) but that also did not help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

This probably got solved by now. I asked DirectAdmin support directly when my thread did not show and got in reply:

I'm seeing the libnuma.so.1 error... so try installing that:
apt-get -y install libnuma-dev libnuma1

The libraries also got added to the pre-install commands: (https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=354)
I've just updated the pre-install commands and the setup.sh to include "libnuma-dev libnuma1", which should hopefully help solve this for other installs.

Planning to try later today if issue got solved.

Back