default email account

malfredyne

Verified User
Good afternoon, so when creating my client's account, directadmin automatically creates a standard email with the username of the example client account ([email protected]) using the client login, but this default email account my client used her and can no longer log in how to change this default email from directadmin?

you can't change it, it always based at LOGIN@domain.
So you can create new account with another login.
Also for log in to this (special) email - use only LOGIN not [email protected].

I have a similar issue. My default domain has a few characters which makes no sense if I give this email id to my customers. Can someone Please help me fix this issue?

Thanks for the reply.
Let me elaborate more on this...
My Direct admin Username is for example abcd, the default email id is picked up as abcd@mydomain which is what I dont want.
I wanted something like info@mydomain
Hope this explains the issue better.
Is there a solution to fix this up?

Yes, it makes sense but the provider has given me only two email id spaces. Of which one I have already used as info@mydomain and the other which is unfortunately the default domain needs a slight typo appended which could serve my purpose. Honestly I am on a particular Free plan of some Hosting provider which offers only two email accounts. Do we have a solution to append or slightly modify the characters of this default domain?

Yes, it makes sense but the provider has given me only two email id spaces.
In that case you're on the wrong place here anyway. This forum is only intended for support on DA license holders and sometimes resellers.

You have to contact your host for support (also on this) or get a Personal Plus license and start on a VPS yourself, so you are free to do what you want.

In that case you're on the wrong place here anyway. This forum is only intended for support on DA license holders and sometimes resellers.

You have to contact your host for support (also on this) or get a Personal Plus license and start on a VPS yourself, so you are free to do what you want.
May I have the forum redirect for DA technical support if it exist, and if you kindly cooperate.

May I have the forum redirect for DA technical support if it exist,
It does not exist. Your hosting company is responsible for technical support. It would get way too busy here if we would also start supporting hosting customers. So you got some answers, but much more we can't do anyway as things need to be changed at system level. If a customer can change even something, it is defined by the hosting company's they are customer of. Some activate some things, others don't so also a reason why we can't be of any help.

Also keep in mind that those are in fact linux system accounts. I don't know anything about changing that in 2024. There even is already an option present in DA to change the username.
You can't have a main account called "info" as one can't has multiple linux accounts with the same name. So the only solution is to have a seperate info@ email address.

Thank you for the clarification Richard.
I will update my hosting provider regarding this and see if he can tweak it from the system administrator level.

Thanks!

Thank you for the clarification Richard.
You're welcome.
Have him check this thread:
there's a way in there to disable incoming mail for the system account (so the main accountname) and then he can give 1 mail address extra because this can't be used for mail to external anymore.

As already informed you that its free hosting there are limited options to change anything and we already discuss with our team when you reported about the agent.

1. We host large numbers of accounts on single server, so changing anything requires confirmation from our system admin.
2. As per policy we do not allow anything to change due to some internal reasons
3. Being free web host we have limited support thats why you getting replies in hours - There are premium host they do not replies for days but not going to compare with them sir.

Back