Developing WordPress Plugin for API

New alert for when server uptime is less than X time (default 1 hour) we can use saved data aswell to record downtime of a server and give us monthly statistics etc.
ss_downtime.png

Just as to not flood these forums too much and also to start our own documented pages for WPDA i have popped up a forum for documents and function/code references etc for the WPDA project if you have any questions on the WPDA project you might find some answers and cool functions there - https://community.digitaldev.org.uk/forum-8.html

I will still however see this thread as our home for WPDA and will continue to update you all on our work.

Now added in new logging level feature where we can track and trace all events in a daily .log file

We can choose to log all, none, warnings & errors or just errors. the log function can also use "force" to force a log entry regardless of admin settings.

There is also a hook into this function where you can use your own code, plugins or snippets to hook into the log data and do your own thing with it. https://community.digitaldev.org.uk/thread-13.html
log_settings.png

Probably my most favourite action hook yet as we are now starting to add usefull functions into the WPDA plugin rather than just the user interface -

PHP:
do_action('wpda_service_offline', $services_offline, $server);

This triggers in WordPress when any service on any server connected goes offline, we can set the trigger to happen every X hours in the admin settings.

It will pass an array of services offline and the $server array with all the servers info from DB. You can hook into this action with your own code, plugins and scripts to perform any action you wish.

more info on this action hook: https://community.digitaldev.org.uk/thread-14.html

service_down_alerts.png

Enhancing the notifications a bit i also made an action within the service_offline function to fire when a service comes back online

PHP:
do_action('wpda_service_online', $s, $server);

It passes the service name and the $server details array()

More information on this hook - https://community.digitaldev.org.uk/thread-15.html

Attachments

• email_notifications.png
    email_notifications.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 6
Scott, this is phenomenal! You may have just solved a very expensive & 6 month long headache for me. I would love to get involved and share some ideas with you. I am a novice/amateur programmer on a good day lol but I have been a power user of Wordpress for the past 12 years. Do you mind if I message you at the email on the WPDA site?

Scott, this is phenomenal! You may have just solved a very expensive & 6 month long headache for me. I would love to get involved and share some ideas with you. I am a novice/amateur programmer on a good day lol but I have been a power user of Wordpress for the past 12 years. Do you mind if I message you at the email on the WPDA site?
Hi Robatr2 and thanks, Yes i always welcome input, suggestions and feedback feel free to contact me anytime.

Another neat little function as i was sick of having to boot up other services like my IRCD server after a reboot, you can fire this in a scheduled event within WPDA or it will automatically fire if a servers uptime is less than 1 minute.

PHP:
do_action('on_reboot', $server->server_id);

We can make it excute commands on the server once it has booted back up, if you choose a scheduled event for this task you can also choose which user account the command runs under etc. More info on the scheduled hook - https://community.digitaldev.org.uk/thread-21.html

Hey guys thought i would bump this project open again. Saddly i lost my mum and my dog so i went off the rails for quite a while but i am back on form and decided to get this project off the ground and bigger than ever. I have a new website and development area which i shall share with you all soon and get the first stable version properlly released..... Watch this space.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and an even better start to 2024 Happy New Year to All...

I titded up the user management today, along side logging events , each new function now goes through the security process, testing process, logging process and then a write up on our forums and documentation.

> Replaced the generic user suspend notice and made a popup for you to enter your own reason.
> The delete user function now has a popup and confirmation (and will alert you if there is no backups available for this account)

Every action now also has a hook, where your own scripts and software can hook into , for example when we suspend a user your script can hook into that actiion and hit a URL or send an EMAIL or SMS etc.... with very little programming knowledge or code!!

wpda_ss_suspend.png

wpda_ss_list_accounts.png
The user listing for a server has had a makover today too. Each server settings can choose its own default package. Users on custom packages can easily be switched to a standard package, and if the user account on the server is not linked to a worddpress account we can link it easily to allow that wordpress user to manage that account.

Updated the add server function, it now tests the connection before adding it. Previously you could add a server with any details it would save but then throw else where in our application. A new server must be valid. Duplicate servers are allowed, and work fine however seems pointless. i might stiop duplicate servers in future versions.
wpda_ss_add_server.png

Finally started on the user side of functions this morning, i will add in some administrator back end functions to do things for the users and then can copy over the structure to start the front end user panel. So things like listing domains/usage, adding email & FTP accounts etc etc. Will make a simplified control panel or a switch to turn on advanced features for users etc.

If there are any features you think would be handy and should go in first, let me know. And also if you would like to test the plugin during ints development, drop me a message and i can send the software and instructions to get you started. New features being added every day again i tend to start and finish a section before taking a break and moving onto the next. As i am the only developer it is a little slower than i would have liked however if any programmers out there wanna join forces and take on some of the tasks and submit code i can setup GIT so we can contribute together.

wpda_ss_user_panel_admin.png
A nice productive hour so far working on the back end admin user panel. Same as DA, it will oad the users default domain first. The feature buttons represent features like GIT, WORDPRESS, JAIL, PHP etc etc and will be able to toggle those features at the click of the button. GREEN are enabled features.

The package will have a popup selector so you can switch a users package easily, and the NS name servers will check if the domain actually resolves to those name servers and notify admin if the domain does not point to those name servers.

And then underneath your features bar you wil have all the functions a user will have, to add/remove domains, emails, ftp accounts etc etc.

Back