Didn't recieve client password

M.Kouwenhoven

Hello,

I've ordered a DirectAdmin license through my VPS provider and he only gave me the ClientID and the LicenseID. He said that I should contact him if I would for example want to change the OS for DirectAdmin to work with, however I rather have the password but I also know that he won't give it out to me.

What should I do now? I'm completely new to hosting DirectAdmin on my own VPS and I'm not even sure if he's allowed to resell licenses, although I suppose he is since he should have access to the DA internal license program.

The reason that I don't contact the official support directly is that I don't want to risk a possibility of the license getting suspended, since I've still paid for it for 13 months. ( If DirectAdmin does suspend licenses that is. )

Regards,
Martijn

P.S. I'm not naming the company because I don't wish to have any problems with them.

You can't get the password for your VPS provider's account because it's to all his licenses. You can see who owns your license by logging in to DirectAdmin as admin, and clicking on Licensing / Updates, where you can see the license type and the name in the license. If you think he's not allowed to sell you the license (highly unlikely, since it's licensed to an IP in his datacenter, you can also see information there on how to contact DirectAdmin to find out.

If you need your own password then you need to cancel your license with your provider and get your own license. You'd need to cancel your license because the DirectAdmin licensing system only allows one license per IP#.

However your provider may not refund your payment, and licenses are certainly more expensive when purchased directly, quantity one.

Jeff

I just got a reply back from the DirectAdmin support. They manually changed it to CentOs for me.

Back