Difficulty in setting "Catch-All" option by domain

jwomega

New member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
2
Encountered a possible glitch with the DA interface when setting "Catch-All E-mail" for multiple domains.

If reviewing "E-mail Accounts," then clicking the drop-down box for a different available domain will update the list of e-mail accounts for the selected domain. This behavior seems correct.

However, if reviewing "Catch-All E-mail" in a similar fashion, there is no updating when the drop down value is changed. I have to go back out to the top-level interface (the page that displays Your Account and Domain Setup). Then, I use the pull-down box to select the domain I want to change. Now, I can go to "Catch-All E-mail" and see the correct setting for the selected domain.

Thanks for listening.
 

SmallWeb

Verified User
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
57
Hmm.. could you provide any more info?

I have tested with a user with two domains.

When opening "Catch-All E-mail" with domain1 selected I am suggested the defaultemail@domain1.
After selecting domain2 from the drop-down whilst on the "Catch-All E-mail" page I am suggested the defaultemail@domain2.

This is with "Sidebar" theme.
 

jwomega

New member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
2
I'm working inside an MXRoute implementation of DA. Suspect that I have "sidebar" theme, but don't know for sure. The left side sidebar is blue/purple with rgb #382b8d.

My available options for "Catch-All E-mail" on any domain are:

1) Fail: The sender is notified that the address doesn't exist
2) Ignore: The e-mail is dropped and completely ignored
3) Address: <a text box for email address that will receive the emails>

Let's say I have already selected differing catch-all options (doesn't seem to matter which) for domain1 and domain2.

Step 1: Select domain1 from the drop-down and click on "E-mail Accounts." I see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 2: Select domain2 from the drop-down, and see accounts for domain2. This is as expected, and suggests that the drop-box event refreshes a "selected" domain variable.

Step 3: Select domain 1 from the drop-down once more. I again see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 4: Select "Catch-All E-mail" from the left sidebar. I see the previously selected (correct) catch-all option for domain1. Again, everything is as expected, as the shown options match the selected drop-down for domain1.

Step 5: Change the drop-down back to domain2. The displayed catch-all option does not change (which it should, since different options have been selected for domain1 and domain2). This is the problem!

Step 6: Since the drop-down is presently at domain2, I can click on "E-mail Accounts," and see valid domain2 email accounts.

Step 7: Click on "Catch-All E-mail" (without making any change in drop-down selection). I now see the correct catch-all option for domain2. But this is different than in Step 5, when I didn't first return to "E-mail Accounts" to force the "selected" domain variable to be refreshed (I'm guessing).

Hope this helps.
 

SmallWeb

Verified User
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
57
I'm working inside an MXRoute implementation of DA. Suspect that I have "sidebar" theme, but don't know for sure. The left side sidebar is blue/purple with rgb #382b8d.

My available options for "Catch-All E-mail" on any domain are:

1) Fail: The sender is notified that the address doesn't exist
2) Ignore: The e-mail is dropped and completely ignored
3) Address: <a text box for email address that will receive the emails>

Let's say I have already selected differing catch-all options (doesn't seem to matter which) for domain1 and domain2.

Step 1: Select domain1 from the drop-down and click on "E-mail Accounts." I see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 2: Select domain2 from the drop-down, and see accounts for domain2. This is as expected, and suggests that the drop-box event refreshes a "selected" domain variable.

Step 3: Select domain 1 from the drop-down once more. I again see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 4: Select "Catch-All E-mail" from the left sidebar. I see the previously selected (correct) catch-all option for domain1. Again, everything is as expected, as the shown options match the selected drop-down for domain1.

Step 5: Change the drop-down back to domain2. The displayed catch-all option does not change (which it should, since different options have been selected for domain1 and domain2). This is the problem!

Step 6: Since the drop-down is presently at domain2, I can click on "E-mail Accounts," and see valid domain2 email accounts.

Step 7: Click on "Catch-All E-mail" (without making any change in drop-down selection). I now see the correct catch-all option for domain2. But this is different than in Step 5, when I didn't first return to "E-mail Accounts" to force the "selected" domain variable to be refreshed (I'm guessing).

Hope this helps.
Understood. In my test the Catch-All Email "Address" input box updated correctly depending on which user I selected in the drop down, without having to navigate out and back in to the page. So, I am assuming your issue must be related to something specific within your set up.
 
Top