Difficulty in setting "Catch-All" option by domain

jwomega

Encountered a possible glitch with the DA interface when setting "Catch-All E-mail" for multiple domains.

If reviewing "E-mail Accounts," then clicking the drop-down box for a different available domain will update the list of e-mail accounts for the selected domain. This behavior seems correct.

However, if reviewing "Catch-All E-mail" in a similar fashion, there is no updating when the drop down value is changed. I have to go back out to the top-level interface (the page that displays Your Account and Domain Setup). Then, I use the pull-down box to select the domain I want to change. Now, I can go to "Catch-All E-mail" and see the correct setting for the selected domain.

Thanks for listening.

SmallWeb

Verified User
Hmm.. could you provide any more info?

I have tested with a user with two domains.

When opening "Catch-All E-mail" with domain1 selected I am suggested the defaultemail@domain1.
After selecting domain2 from the drop-down whilst on the "Catch-All E-mail" page I am suggested the defaultemail@domain2.

This is with "Sidebar" theme.

jwomega

I'm working inside an MXRoute implementation of DA. Suspect that I have "sidebar" theme, but don't know for sure. The left side sidebar is blue/purple with rgb #382b8d.

My available options for "Catch-All E-mail" on any domain are:

1) Fail: The sender is notified that the address doesn't exist
2) Ignore: The e-mail is dropped and completely ignored
3) Address: <a text box for email address that will receive the emails>

Let's say I have already selected differing catch-all options (doesn't seem to matter which) for domain1 and domain2.

Step 1: Select domain1 from the drop-down and click on "E-mail Accounts." I see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 2: Select domain2 from the drop-down, and see accounts for domain2. This is as expected, and suggests that the drop-box event refreshes a "selected" domain variable.

Step 3: Select domain 1 from the drop-down once more. I again see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 4: Select "Catch-All E-mail" from the left sidebar. I see the previously selected (correct) catch-all option for domain1. Again, everything is as expected, as the shown options match the selected drop-down for domain1.

Step 5: Change the drop-down back to domain2. The displayed catch-all option does not change (which it should, since different options have been selected for domain1 and domain2). This is the problem!

Step 6: Since the drop-down is presently at domain2, I can click on "E-mail Accounts," and see valid domain2 email accounts.

Step 7: Click on "Catch-All E-mail" (without making any change in drop-down selection). I now see the correct catch-all option for domain2. But this is different than in Step 5, when I didn't first return to "E-mail Accounts" to force the "selected" domain variable to be refreshed (I'm guessing).

Hope this helps.

SmallWeb

Verified User
I'm working inside an MXRoute implementation of DA. Suspect that I have "sidebar" theme, but don't know for sure. The left side sidebar is blue/purple with rgb #382b8d.

My available options for "Catch-All E-mail" on any domain are:

1) Fail: The sender is notified that the address doesn't exist
2) Ignore: The e-mail is dropped and completely ignored
3) Address: <a text box for email address that will receive the emails>

Let's say I have already selected differing catch-all options (doesn't seem to matter which) for domain1 and domain2.

Step 1: Select domain1 from the drop-down and click on "E-mail Accounts." I see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 2: Select domain2 from the drop-down, and see accounts for domain2. This is as expected, and suggests that the drop-box event refreshes a "selected" domain variable.

Step 3: Select domain 1 from the drop-down once more. I again see email accounts for domain 1.

Step 4: Select "Catch-All E-mail" from the left sidebar. I see the previously selected (correct) catch-all option for domain1. Again, everything is as expected, as the shown options match the selected drop-down for domain1.

Step 5: Change the drop-down back to domain2. The displayed catch-all option does not change (which it should, since different options have been selected for domain1 and domain2). This is the problem!

Step 6: Since the drop-down is presently at domain2, I can click on "E-mail Accounts," and see valid domain2 email accounts.

Step 7: Click on "Catch-All E-mail" (without making any change in drop-down selection). I now see the correct catch-all option for domain2. But this is different than in Step 5, when I didn't first return to "E-mail Accounts" to force the "selected" domain variable to be refreshed (I'm guessing).

Hope this helps.
Understood. In my test the Catch-All Email "Address" input box updated correctly depending on which user I selected in the drop down, without having to navigate out and back in to the page. So, I am assuming your issue must be related to something specific within your set up.