direct admin install

scorpius

I have a fresh install of centos 7
went thru all the steps to install direct admin to it. all seemed to go fine until I tried access direct admin with myip:2222 I get connection refused.
so I followed the trouble shooting steps as described.
In var/log there is no direct admin folder, in usr/local there is a direct admin folder but ./directadmin b200 says no file or directory so I attempted iptables off and its not loaded, then did the command to grep all direct admin, nothing returned.
no firewalld running either. even the logs I an supposed to go look at do not exist where it says they should be...
I am not an expert by no means but this has me seriously confused..

I just saw a couple other posts showing command to start direct admin service, well there is 2 and when I tried they both say direct admin not found but I watched direct admin get installed onto my freshly installed centos 7-64. 2 times I went thru all the steps from centos install to pre install commands to installing direct admin and both times same result, direct admin is not running and myip:2222 says connection refused however cant find logs that I was told to look at. cant look at them when the folders they supposed to be in dont exist...
looks like I will have no choice but to return to centos web panel, at least with it my only problem was php switcher didnt work. tried putting in a ticket to direct admin since I had so many issues, all they said was PAY for the standard version then they would help me. OR look in forums, I spent two days looking thru forums and dont see anything like whats happening here.MAYBE someone here can help me fix this otherwise its back to CWP where I only had one problem and at least CWP installs and runs :)

so this has been here for several days now and got many views but not one response with any help so looks like direct admin is NOT what I want, support wont help at all unless I buy a license. WHY would I buy a license on a product that does not work for me. if they had offered to help and got my install working I would be glad to purchase the license and continue using the product. reinstalled centos to my server and went back to centos web panel, at least support is available and lots of help files and other forums with lots of information that helped me get it all working, WITHOUT buying any license first... Shame on direct admin, I used to really like the product a few years back....

Have you tried

# Disable Firewall
systemctl disable firewalld

# Stop Firewall
systemctl stop firewalld

Did you do this before installing DA?

Code:
Set up dns resolvers
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 8.8.4.4" >> /etc/resolv.conf

#Install Software
yum -y update
yum -y install wget gcc gcc-c++ flex bison make bind bind-libs bind-utils openssl openssl-devel perl quota libaio libcom_err-devel libcurl-devel gd zlib-devel zip unzip libcap-devel cronie bzip2 cyrus-sasl-devel perl-ExtUtils-Embed autoconf automake libtool which patch mailx bzip2-devel lsof psmisc net-tools systemd-devel libdb-devel perl-DBI xfsprogs rsyslog logrotate crontabs file screen hdparm smartmontools nano epel-release iptables-services rsync ntpdate whois openssh-clients

#Disable Network Manager
systemctl stop NetworkManager.service
systemctl disable NetworkManager.service

#Disable Firewalld
systemctl stop firewalld

iptables -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -X
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

#Disable SELINUX
setenforce 0
perl -pi -e 's/SELINUX=enforcing/SELINUX=disabled/' /etc/selinux/config

then did the command to grep all direct admin, nothing returned.
Logically, this won't work with cwp either.
Try the correct command:
Code:
ps faux | grep directadmin

However, something went wrong on install. Try "./setup.sh auto" which should always work.
I get the impression you're only here to advertise CWP.

Have you tried

# Disable Firewall

# Stop Firewall
systemctl stop firewalld
yes I did, firewall was not turned on, tried other things I came across but no luck. when support told me "buy a license" to get support or go to the forums I opted to return to centos and centos web panel and was able to get my server up and running again. that was after waiting several days with no replies. still,thank you for replying...

You get what you pay for. If you can't afford to buy a license then you cannot be i business. I would never host with you.

You get what you pay for. If you can't afford to buy a license then you cannot be i business. I would never host with you.
I was not about to pay for a license for a product that was not working. I just wanted help to find out why it was not working then would have been happy to buy the license. BUT to be told pay for it then we will help you pushed me away. quite happy with centos / centos web panel and floyd, I dont have customers cause this server is my own personal use and I dont host for nobody but my own desires.

But you knew that you would not get any official support when you signed up for the personal license. You agreed to those terms. Now you want to change the terms.

But you knew that you would not get any official support when you signed up for the personal license. You agreed to those terms. Now you want to change the terms.
wasnt trying to change no terms I waited for a response from forums as I should and when days passed without anything then I asked them for some help. and even now after I done moved on only responses I get are these sarcastic ones so just stop. I already moved on and am happy with centos and direct admin lost me as a customer.

Well just so you know you picked probably the lowest visitor week to ask a question. It was the biggest holiday week of the year and people were busy doing other things. As soon as the holiday week was over you started getting comments.

Back