Direct Admin + JL's Spamblocker Integration?

motobrandt

Verified User
Now that the new exim script for DA is including Jeff's Spamblocker exim.conf is there any way to handle adding domains to be blocked by SpamBlocker through the interface? Right now I'm manually adding domains to /etc/virtual/blacklist_domains but it isn't working and there is no response over in this thread .

So it seems like a natural and fairly simple bit of scripting (for someone who knows what they are doing) to integrate this function into Direct Admin and take any minor glitches out of the way things.

DA support? I think they may be on vacation or something as it's been pretty slow in here for support lately.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
,brandt

motobrandt said:
Now that the new exim script for DA is including Jeff's Spamblocker exim.conf is there any way to handle adding domains to be blocked by SpamBlocker through the interface?
That feature has not yet been added to DirectAdmin. Hopefully DA staff will do it in the future.
Right now I'm manually adding domains to /etc/virtual/blacklist_domains but it isn't working
What are you adding?

What you should be adding is the domain name from the "from" address; in other words everything after the @ character.

I'll soon be adding a file you'll be able to add mailservers (MTA hosts) to, but that's not ready yet.
and there is no response over in this thread .
I'll update that thread with the answer there as well.
So it seems like a natural and fairly simple bit of scripting (for someone who knows what they are doing) to integrate this function into Direct Admin and take any minor glitches out of the way things.
It needs to be done by DA staff, or as a separate program to be run with a specific skin.
DA support? I think they may be on vacation or something as it's been pretty slow in here for support lately.
DA support is on duty and answers my emails to support within a very reasonable time-frame.

If you're depending on getting official support in these forums, may I suggest you don't. The forums are NOT an official DA support venue.

Jeff

Re: Re: Direct Admin + JL's Spamblocker Integration?

jlasman said:
If you're depending on getting official support in these forums, may I suggest you don't. The forums are NOT an official DA support venue.

Jeff [/B]
Thanks Jeff,

I'll start using email then. The last couple of times that I have done that I have been directed to the forums to post. That was a long time ago though. I'll give email a shot.
;)
Brandt

It's been my experience that I get good support from DA.

Of course I have some rented server licenses which include lifetime support.

Jeff

Back