Directadmin 1.37.0 - Release Candidate 1

Hello John,

Right now, I'm just replacing the default cert with the user's one, so a script to manage IP changes when a user has a cert would be a bit more complex, but maybe it's the way to go since, as you've mentioned, it's only needed for people that have their own certs or need special logs or features.

Cheers,

Olivier

Hello,

I've redone the email stats warning messages. The check was intended to be on the daily email sends, against the daily limit (/etc/virtual/limit).

It was previously (incorrectly) checking the monthly total of both sends and receives...which would grow very quickly, so checking this number on the daily limit would trigger the message.

The new code takes note of the method=incoming and method=outgoing in the bandwidth.tally file. It counts both, and stores them in the user.usage file (and all the way up.. which can be added into the interface in a future version). The check is then only done on the daily sends.

John

I've always found the number of reported processed emails to be too high and so I checked the bandwidth.tally and found lots of lines without an id

1016=type=email&[email protected]&method=incoming&id=&path=/usr/ports/mail/exim

It happens for all users and I don't think any of these emails are actually delivered.

Is anybody else seeing this?

When updating DA from now on will it overwrite the favicon.ico with the default? (as defined here)

Edit: I've chattr'd it so it won't either way

Last edited:
on first box update gone perfect.

on second box im having this issue on restarting directadmin:

Code:
>/etc/init.d/directadmin restart
Stopping DirectAdmin:                                      [FALLITO]
Starting DirectAdmin: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                                                           [FALLITO]

opened a ticket do directadmin staff, but, if someone have any idea please tell me.

regards

on first box update gone perfect.

on second box im having this issue on restarting directadmin:

Code:
>/etc/init.d/directadmin restart
Stopping DirectAdmin:                                      [FALLITO]
Starting DirectAdmin: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                                                           [FALLITO]

opened a ticket do directadmin staff, but, if someone have any idea please tell me.

regards

http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=236

I'm not happy about the extinction of the FTP vhost, but apart from that, it seems to work as advertised :)

It was required for Pure-FTPd and complete Multi-IP support. However, it is not required to switch and to the conversion if you are not planning to use the Multi-IP support (or Pure-FTPd).

It was required for Pure-FTPd and complete Multi-IP support. However, it is not required to switch and to the conversion if you are not planning to use the Multi-IP support (or Pure-FTPd).
I disagree, all that was required was to put all the passwords in one file and to change the vhost template, so that it would get the passwords from that file.
It works perfectly fine that way.
The way I see it is that the reason they disappeared is because the vhosts were never meant to be used to serve different certs for different IPs, they were introduced to use the separate password files. It came as a bonus for those of us that use certs everywhere.

But...I'm not giving hope :D. John said he would consider adding a flag in DA to keep them, so as long as the code stays in DA, there is hope for that feature to come back :).

We have found no way to use the vhost files with Pure-FTPd, so it was a must for Pure-FTPd. About the way to put all passwords in one file and use different vhost templates - yes, I agree, but it's not very hard to make that work with the new setup. I'm happy to hear that John will consider adding it to DA as an additional feature for ProFTPd.

Hello,

I get this error when i'm trying to update DirectAdmin.

This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.
The generated error message is as follows:

Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz :
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
/bin/tar: Child returned status 1
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
: tar returned error code 512<br>
<br>
<br>
Try updating manually: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29<br>

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

Thanks,
Vincent

Hello,

regarding:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15
There was an error in the builds for CentOS 5 and Fedora 7. If you've got those errors with the directadmin/dataskq binaries after this update, grab a new set of binaries:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29

The cause was the presence of the libmysqlclient.so shared library on those 2 build systems (MySQL-shared rpm). For all of your sytems, this file is something which is normal to have. However, on our build systems, we must make sure it's not there so that directadmin/dataskq links mysql differently (internally instead of dynamically, even with a dynamic binary). I was doing testing with custombuild for MySQL updates and failed to remove the MySQL-shared rpms before compiling DA.

Vincent: If your update.tar.gz is 45 bytes, then it's an IP/licensing issue. Try manually, but if you still get a 45 byte update.tar.gz, you'd have to check your license in your Clients Section to ensure things are matching up.. and if not, then contact us via to look into it.

John

Back