DirectAdmin 1.47.0 - RC

I have VPS with CentOS 6.64 "2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.x86_64"
I got error after upgrade to 1.47
directadmin dead but subsys locked

Only thing on /var/log/directadmin/error.log is:
ConfigFile::writeFile(/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/ftp.passwd) : Timestamp from when it was read is different, overwriting anyway

Restart show:
Stopping DirectAdmin: [FAILED]
Starting DirectAdmin: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

whats wrong?

Last edited:
You must be having a wrong OS set in DirectAdmin license (mismatch between OS set in the license and OS installed on your server).

Thanks you are right.

I found this:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=267
And checked my OS is CentOS release 6.6 but on DA client control panes its : ES 5.0 64, so I want send an email to DA and ask for fix.
But why this happened now and there was no problem on last updates?

I really appreciate the Wordpress scanner, I had a bit of an unusual high load, checked topvhost and saw a wp-login brute force going on. Turned on the new DA feature and it stopped. :)

IP 109.228.31.11 has 32305 failed login attempts: wordpress1=32305

No I just wanted to tell that the feature is really useful. This is the only thread I found about this (as it's introduced in this DA version).

After activation it became more obvious to me my vps is getting hit harder with WP-login attempts than the 'regular' ftp/mail brute hack attempts.
Since I'm one of the few people usually loggin in to WP I'm considering IP-based access orsomething.

Ohh.. i didnt notice we were in page 2 xD

But the help say that will consider every access a failed login, isn't this too risky?

Regards

Yep it's a risk, my users don't login that much so I think it's ok for me. If there is a false positive I just add it to the skip list I guess.

Back