DirectAdmin 1.56.4 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Please fix the bug with mysql connection. Debian 9 x64, clean install.
Default config values and any other dont help.
I dont know where is the cause - i tried every possible option to fix it. no luck.

You won't be able to login to phpMyAdmin until you create a Database.
phpMyAdmin
Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Repair guide: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=45

When I try to add database I'm getting similar error:
"Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Repair guide: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=45"

Looks like this release is buggy. Please update it with bugfixes. It should work by default, but its not.
I also found that by DEFAULT - options.conf have
mysql_inst = no
And even changing it to yes, recompiling, doesnt help.
my.cnf and mysql.cnf have the same user and password.
I dont use Mysql 8.0 so the underscore in user name should be no problem . please check it on your end
Screenshot_50.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. I believe I've found/fixed the issue.
The debian 9 64 tar.gz file has been repacked with the updated mysql.sh script.
Please let us know if you have any further issues (with a ticket, for fastest response)

John

When will be the fixes available? it will be 1.56.5 ? or you just recompiled 1.56.4 on your servers?

Thanks

I believe you can try a pre-release version of Directadmin, or wait for an official release.

I believe you can try a pre-release version of Directadmin, or wait for an official release.

How do I know if PRE-release containt correct Debian repo compiled, if official didnt have it? it can contain also broken with the not-correctly updated mysql.sh script.....

I've manually fixed the original production debian 9 install pack. So there is nothing other than the original 1.56.4 install pack, plus the one-line fix manually set into the update.tar.gz, just for Debian 9, 64-bit.
Nothing else was touched.

The pre-release binaries will have it, but that's a newer version of DA with some newer features.
But the installer uses the production pack, not the pre-release pack (unless you manually mess with the setup.sh), hence the surgical change to the 1 file should be sufficient.

John

Using the old skin when I have four PHP versions installed the "System Information" is showing only two of them.

After upgrade to 1.56.4 Nginx stop working and cannot start
Webserver: Nginx + php-fpm
I searched and tried many ways but still not working.
Please help me :(

# nginx -t
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back