DirectAdmin 1.62.5 has been released

Just today, more than 5 tickets from customers who cannot access the panel DirectAdmin, generating the error of "Secure Connection Failed" or another errors.

This situation is complicated.

Last edited:
We are getting some conflicting info about this, and we believe it's already been solved -- so could someone please at least confirm:

1. You are running the latest (pre-release) binaries
2. This issue still remains?

That would go a long way (y)

We are getting some conflicting info about this, and we believe it's already been solved -- so could someone please at least confirm:

1. You are running the latest (pre-release) binaries
2. This issue still remains?

That would go a long way (y)
@DirectAdmin Support

Hi thanks for reply:
NO pre-release here so can't say.
Also having more other problems not solved yet, don't know about them in prerelease where to find a overview about what is solved there?

Take a look in my posts you can find in my profil, while otherwise i have to repeat a ... ;)

Few:

( so problem with restore user other server and ipv6 ( that ipv6 is kind of somehow locked but can't do anything with it also in log files error with it, problem with creating reseller in using subdomain where domain is from other user if set to protect, yup then error but still creating lot of stuff and errors stay in log files. )

Some problem with filemanager evo..

Problem with x509 cert non fqdn for domain sni at mailtests..

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports.

1) md5 issue: Looks like one of the much older update boxes not in use with newer DA versions, but updating from an older version might still be touching it. Updated to properly use the new channels.

2) "License IP Mismatch": report that the IPs are simply not in the device. Please try:
Code:
service startips start;  service directadmin restart

3) The SSL proxy/timeout seems to be a compression issue for some cases (not hit during any testing). I'm going to try and get those affected to test with the beta pre-release binaries to confirm the fix, then we'll push 1.62.6 with it.

Sorry for any confusion, but we should be back on track.

John

"License IP Mismatch": I have change from Current to Beta update channel and updated DA and now this problem is solved.

1) md5 issue: Looks like one of the much older update boxes not in use with newer DA versions, but updating from an older version might still be touching it. Updated to properly use the new channels.

I'm trying to update from latest version 1.62.4 and I was getting md5 error. Now I'm afraid of updating to get others type of errors in the middle of vacation time. I will update in september.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-08-18 a las 10.28.13.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-08-18 a las 10.28.13.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for the reports.

2) "License IP Mismatch": report that the IPs are simply not in the device. Please try:
Code:

3) The SSL proxy/timeout seems to be a compression issue for some cases (not hit during any testing). I'm going to try and get those affected to test with the beta pre-release binaries to confirm the fix, then we'll push 1.62.6 with it.

John

2) Licence IP mismatch.
The suggest method does not work.

Problem in one of the ticket: The box did not have external IP adddress added to DA interface or the ethernet device (ip a was missing external IP). https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=418 needs to be followed to add the external IP to the device.
@smtalk

Is this also for a DA "LAN" Setup?

Where LAN IP to device is different then from the external ip, as in some cloud configurations.

@smtalk

Is this also for a DA "LAN" Setup?

Where LAN IP to device is different then from the external ip, as in some cloud configurations.
It was always a requirement to have the licensed IP in the list of ip a addresses. Future releases may not require this anymore.

It was always a requirement to have the licensed IP in the list of ip a addresses. Future releases may not require this anymore.
I mean this setup?

LINKED IP> then in DA panel the ip link to...

Link the LAN IP to your public IP using the Linked IP feature.
With this feature, you'd do the following:

• Add the LAN IP to DA's IP manager. Don't assign it to any Users or Domains.
  • View the details of the external IP: Admin Level -> IP Manager -> Click the public/external IP.
  • Link the internal IP to the external IP: Select the LAN IP from the drop down.
  • Only select Apache, do not select DNS

Last edited:
Just to add a little positivity to this thread: I have installed a box with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and restored all data from an older version of directadmin to 1.62.5 and all seems to be running good.

OS in os_override: Linux+64+static

Thanks for the reports.

Code:

John

3) The SSL proxy/timeout:
I have change from Current to Beta update channel and updated DA and now this problem is solved.

Back