DirectAdmin 1.62.5 Release Candidate

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

The team has been busy as always, and we're pleased to announce the release candidate for 1.62.5:
Version: 1.62.5 RC1

This is mainly a minor bugfix release with all changes listed here:

The most notable feature would be the use of new release channels, which can be set in the Admin Licensing/Updates page:

The default for everyone is "current" which matches the version listed on our website.
We've added "stable" will will trail behind for an amount of time which we deem sufficient to confirm the release has gone smoothly (guessing a few weeks).

There's also an "alpha" channel (pre-release in it's previous definition for quick fixes and bleeding edge new features), and "beta" channel, referring to referring to locked release candidates (aka: this release). If anyone had a hard-coded pre-release download script path (alpha), note it's different than before (beta takes that path so it will be updated far less often).

To try out these binaries, please grab them from the pre-release area (beta channel):

And from there, you can change your channel to beta in:
Admin Level » Licenses/Updates
which will always let you know when there's a new version in that channel (hooray for automation).
The SHA commit hashes are used to control "latest or not" state for alpha/beta.
The "stable" branch is version number specific.

Anyone on alpha/beta channels would be recommended to keep things to the latest to ensure any new bugs are fixed more quickly (up to you)

Note: the getDA.sh alpha only works for alpha once you get this new beta pack.

Should you run into any issues, please let us know in the forum below, to duplicates in the ticket system.

Thanks!
John

Need refund. i do not wish to continue with DirectAdmin. It has many issues. Httpd: stops running suddenly multiple times and will not resolve. And no technical support is there.

If i need tech support then the package u have is 15$ per month. Then it would be preferable to go this Cpanel.

Waiting for a urgent response

Regards
Amit

Hello @aammiitt,

For the Sales/Billing related issues, you can open a support ticket with DirectAdmin at https://tickets.directadmin.com/
They say:

Please note: Ticket support is not available for all license types. If you are using a Personal license, or a license distributed by your server provider, you may encounter an error when opening a ticket. Please contact your server provider for licensing/technical support, or use our community forum at https://forum.directadmin.com.

Perhaps another nice feature for the file manager:
Ability to hide hidden files/directories (.files)

Seems a bit odd feature imho.
How would you be able to unhide them? It's normally up to the customer to hide or unhide files placing the dot.
If the user can't see it via file manager because the hidden files or directory's are hidden... and they don't have SSH access they can't unhide, correct?

Anyway, feature requests and suggestions should be done in the feature forum.

Well, i meant to not display them in the file manager on DA, a simple toggle in the file manager to either show them, or not. Obviously you want the user to see them when they need to, but in my home dir there are a lot of .files and .dirs, so being able to hide them in the gui file manager would be welcome.

Anyways, i'll add to the feedback forum

Does this mean that the current branch might is not as stable as the stable branch? Or is this more ment as a delayed safe guard for critical systems?

Does this mean that the current branch might is not as stable as the stable branch? Or is this more ment as a delayed safe guard for critical systems?
More info about that here.

Found bug. So, I tried to delete all users, I got a message "You cannot delete yourself (admin)", but directadmin deleted all users including myself and if I refresh this page i got logged out. When I create admin user through API, and I log in with this new admin, I found that the original admin already deleted (weird that it is still left in the system because I could use the API to create a new admin but I couldn't use it to login into system). This is something that not many people will do but you know if someone accidentally delete himself and have no knowledge on API, he would have to reinstall directadmin.

Attachments

• cannot-delete-self.JPG
    cannot-delete-self.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Found bug. So, I tried to delete all users, I got a message "You cannot delete yourself (admin)", but directadmin deleted all users including myself and if I refresh this page i got logged out. When I create admin user through API, and I log in with this new admin, I found that the original admin already deleted (weird that it is still left in the system because I could use the API to create a new admin but I couldn't use it to login into system). This is something that not many people will do but you know if someone accidentally delete himself and have no knowledge on API, he would have to reinstall directadmin.
I think there is a way to create additional admins, independent of the original admin created at setup time.

Another bug found when upload a logo from the web (I tried both jpg and png file):

Code:
An Error Occurred,
Uploaded File is not valid for copy

Screenshot:

an_error.png
Debug log:

Code:
Post string: {"name":"evolution","file":{},"which":1,"json":"yes","action":"upload_logo"}
Checking referer http://test.server.com:2222/reseller/customize-skin/logo to test.server.com:2222
Referer check passed: test.server.com:2222=test.server.com:2222
auth.authenticated
The quota_without_system variable has not yet been set in the ./data/users/admin/user.usage file by the nightly tally.  Once done automatically, this feature will start to work
User::deny_override:/CMD_SKINS:  call_level=2, depth1: aborting due to do depth
User::deny_override:/CMD_DOMAIN:  call_level=2, depth1: aborting due to do depth
User::deny_override:/CMD_DOMAIN:  call_level=1, depth2: aborting due to do depth
Plugin::addHooks: start
Plugin::addHooks: end
Command::doCommand(/CMD_SKINS)
is_valid_upload_file: ConfigFile invalid. Must start with /home/tmp
Dynamic(api=0, error=1):
        text='An Error Occurred'
        result='Uploaded file is not valid for copy<br>
'
Send::json_out: fmemopen error: Success
Command::doCommand(/CMD_SKINS) : finished
Command::run: finished /CMD_SKINS

Please note that every bug that I posted was on the clean directadmin installation (with newly created 3 users to to reproduce the issue). So, nothing wrong with the system configuration as this is the default clean installation. This month I've done dozen installation and reinstallation to find bug.

Operating system: Debian 10

What I have done

1) Referring to the error message it said: is_valid_upload_file: ConfigFile invalid. Must start with /home/tmp

So, I checked in directadmin.conf the temp dir does not exist by default. So i set the temp dir like this

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set tmpdir /home/tmp restart

do more restart systemctl restart directadmin

Still got the same error message, no matter what is the size of the image.

2) I also checked that my /home/tmp is writeable:

drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 4096 Aug 15 01:30 tmp

Edit:

I just found out it works with API but not web UI. Confirm bug?

Last edited:
Back