DirectAdmin 1.664

@fln, regarding exim.conf, it avoids sending responses (uservacation/userautoreply) to few automatic senders. This is good practice to reduce unwanted email traffic to destinations that should not receive auto-replies. However, the current filtering is very basic:

Code:
  senders = " ! ^.*-request@.*:\
              ! ^owner-.*@.*:\
              ! ^postmaster@.*:\
              ! ^listmaster@.*:\
              ! ^mailer-daemon@.*\
              ! ^root@.*"

Perhaps the ideal would also be to avoid replying to messages that contain some headers such as:
"List-Id:" / "List-Help:" / "List-Unsubscribe:" / "Precedence: bulk" / "Precedence: list"

Based on this information (https://help.convertkit.com/en/articles/3639576-what-does-the-precedence-bulk-header-mean), Gmail also proceeds this way.

We haven't tested it here yet, but it's an idea for a possible improvement in exim.conf, please share it with the devs.

This message can be completely removed by adding a single rule in Customize Evolution Skin -> Login Customization -> Styles tab:

Sorry but a toggle in this case would be much better. When you hide it with CSS the text is still visible for robots and people with screen readers.

I understand that versions of DirectAdmin can be different. But this always the case. Every hoster is different and provides own features and third party plugins and in house build plugins.
I don't understand why this message needs to be shown for end customers. As the primary contact for support, questions and documentation is always the hoster.
I totally understand if the legacy warning is shown within the admin level of DirectAdmin.

But it should really just be a toggle in the directadmin.conf file for the login page.

Last edited:
A legacy license notice on the login screen is added to inform end users why not all features might be available or functional. It was deliberately designed to be:
  • Non-intrusive and blend it with the page design to avoid distracting users or grabbing attention.
  • Cleanly separated from the main login functionality to make it very easy to customize (or hidden).
  • Have a single location for this message (not individual messages for each skin, each layout, etc.).
Having a single message in a single well-known location helps us avoid documenting and repeating the same message in every place where legacy code-base functionality is limited or differs from the modern DA.

This message can be completely removed by adding a single rule in Customize Evolution Skin -> Login Customization -> Styles tab:

Code:
.LegacyLicense {display: none !important;}

For a smooth DA experience we want the message to be visible to all the users (same as all the other informational texts in the UI). If server administrators disagree and want to hide this message it is entirely up to them. It is not our goal to make it hard or impossible (otherwise the implementation would be completely different).

We understand that the notice regarding limitations in our legacy products has caused concern. However, it is crucial for us to maintain transparency with all users (not just admins) who interact with our software daily. By clearly indicating the limitations of legacy licenses, we ensure that everybody is aware of the differences between these products and our more modern offerings. Without this transparency, less informed users (end-users) might assume such limitations are universal to DA instead of being caused by legacy licensing.
A legacy license notice on the login screen is added to inform end users why not all features might be available or functional. It was deliberately designed to be:

the feature or new function, i will work with my customer (end user) not you (directadmin). I think you need to completely remove this notice.

Does anybody has the same issue than me?
Custombuild still have an update badge alert but nothing is listed when I go to custombuild page.custombuildntitled.png

I agree but they won't. But you can remove it yourself. Solution is in your quoted message.

The problem is I have many licenses where I don't have direct control. They are on servers I have leased out which is what the internal license was for. I cannot get into those servers to disable it. DA knows this is most likely the case for the majority of these types of licenses. That is why they are so brazen in doing this. They know we cannot disable the message when the server is leased to somebody else unless it is a managed server which I don't do. I don't have root or admin passwords for these.

Back