DirectAdmin/CustomBuild: Removal of suPHP, mod_ruid2, mod_php, MySQL 5.5/5.6, MariaDB 5.5/10.0/10.1/10.2

I rebuild via SSH and still have errors. System can not start php-fpm72 service because of time out. But when i try rebuild php 7.2 with fastcgi then ok, nothing happen during build php. But some website run with 7.2 still errors permission. They can not access to .htaccess file, all permission change to 710. I try change permission folder an files by manual to 755 for folder, 644 for files, after changed website can run but very slow. I am not sure maybe for php cgi make website slower than fpm.

Thanks Alex, I will take a look at this option. For now we have been changing options.conf to the minimum required version and then update the packages we need updated. I was kind of waiting until this method break something and think your way of doing things are less prone to something going seriously wrong in the process.

You won't be able to update modules in DirectAdmin, like PHP, Roundcube, MySQL/MariaDB etc and will instead give a notification that an option is not valid and it won't update, in your case MySQL/MariaDB 10.0
Is there any Update instruction? this is production server and downtime is very important.

Is there any Update instruction? this is production server and downtime is very important.
It's odd that you're only receiving this message now as it's been impossible to update for about half a year with such an outdated option. Nevertheless, what I had been told was to get as close as possible to the existing version of your version possible (10.3 to my knowledge) and then keep upgrading MariaDB step by step (10.3 -> 10.4 -> 10.5 -> 10.6) and you can do this in CustomBuild 2. Make sure to make backups!

However, I have run into issues updating from 10.3 to newer versions, specifically, https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/how-do-i-install-plugins-in-mariadb.70905/
Make sure to test that your websites still work because of this potential issue. I had a customer with a specific application not being able to connect to the database due to a deprecated feature, but this was application specific

Back