DirectAdmin language packs

Themis

Verified User
Hello everybody,

I just thought that it would be a good idea to create a new forum called "DirectAdmin languages" where users can upload their language packs for DA.
I have already translated about 50% of the files in Greek and as soon as I'm done, I would like to share it with you.
I will then start translating DA in Romanian.
It's weird, but I can't find any language for DA on the net. And I believe that this is the right place for users to share their translations.

What I have in mind is the following scheme:

Modifications / Add-ons
- Language Packs
--- English
--- French
--- Greek
--- Romanian
etc.

Every language is a separate thread, in alphabetical order (optional), so it will be easy for someone to find, discuss and/or update a language pack.

Please share your opinion.

Best regards,
Themis

There already are... Check help.directadmin.com or directadmin.com/versions.php

Hi,

I couldn't find any language files except the instructions on how to translate DA. It seems that my post wasn't clear enough.

I'm looking for language files in another language e.g. French and add the files to /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced/lang/fr, so that users have the ability to choose French if this is their native language.
As far as I know, French people refuse to learn English, Romanians speak only (mainly) French and Greeks prefer everything to be in Greek as they don't bother to learn another language.

Unless you find another user that is willing to give you their files then there is none.

As far as I know, French people refuse to learn English, Romanians speak only (mainly) French and Greeks prefer everything to be in Greek as they don't bother to learn another language.
I think the character Henry Higgins said it best in the Broadway show My Fair Lady:
Norwegians learn Norwegian; the Greeks are taught their Greek.
In France every Frenchman learns his language from a to zed (the
French don't care what they do, actually, as long as they pronounce
it properly).
Arabians learn Arabian with the speed of summer lighting; the Hebrews
learn it backwards, which is absolutely frightening.
But I do understand what you're asking for... a subforum where people can post their Language packs. Not a bad idea; hopefully DirectAdmin staff will approve the idea.

Unfortunately there's no way to list threads other than by date last updated.

Jeff

A new subforum for announcement and discussion of third-party language packs has been created and can be found here.

Jeff

I find that most people who do their own hosting, meaning clients who can use a panel will understand english, but you could certainly reach a slightly broader market if you offer more languages, maybe I underestimate this factor.....

I think you're overestimating the market. I think that people that want webhosting in the US, the UK, and other english speaking countries, will expect to use a control panel in english, but that it's important for hosting companies located in (or doing business in) other countries, should offer their national language.

There are several important consideratons:

National pride
Local law
Multiple-language literacy

Jeff

If someone can help me with a dutch language pack it would be great! :)

Droopy, check webhostingtalk.nl in the Directadmin section. There is a company there which updates it often, and it's very easy to install.

Back