DirectAdmin License...

ProHS

Verified User
I am having problems with the control panel on my new kernel, it says can not display page when i go to https://www.prohs.com:2222/ and when i try to start it manually it says "The ip of this machine does not match the ip in the license file" and i am using my 69.56.234.2 IP and do you have any clue why it would do this?

Last edited:
The only thing i did was upgrade to FreeBSD 4.9 and enable quotas by recompiling the kernel. I even tryed putting it on GENERIC and i am still getting that license issue.

Last edited:
Have you tried rolling back the kernel to see if that makes any difference?

not sure if its the same with FBSD although with RH you can get your "main ip" by running:

Code:
ifconfig eth0 | grep inet | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{print $1}'

Chris

I have not change my Network card setup so the ip that is for the license is the main one and what do you mean rolling back?

Try the ifconfig command see if that gets you the IP..... im not sure what it is with FBSD to check so unable to tell what your main IP is!

By rolling back, I mean.... rolling back to your previous kernel (booting your previous kernel to see if that makes any difference)

Chris

Yea i tryed going to the other kernel when it first happen and the ip address is setup the same i just checked.

The kernel will not change your ipaddress. Check out this to see what DA is saying the problem is:

/var/log/directadmin/error.log

Did you see anything strange in the dmesg log file?

I see the problem for some reason it is looking for eth0 when in freeBSD it is fxp0 how would i change that? it is saying

2004:02:12-19:25:04: ioctl can't find the server's ip address for eth0
2004:02:12-19:25:05: The ip of this machine does not match the ip in the license file : <br>

Last edited:
Well i tryed downloading the license file and i get shared object not found, well here is it below

su-2.05b# ./getLicense.sh 348 1691
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found
Error downloading the license file

anyone know what that means?

This is a known bug in the FreeBSD setup.sh file. It has since been upgraded and now will grep and give you list and you need to choose the proper NIC card. You could download the latest setup.sh or you could look for your existing one and change eth0 to your NIC card.

existenz:
That appears to be a different issue that the setup.sh. It says it's missing a libarary which is needed for a binary that's running (probably fetch or wget) .. its a completely different issue.

John

Back