Directadmin migrating to new server.

and I had to recreate the accounts for the migration to be done normally.
Then something went wrong for some reason, I don't know. Until now I never had issues. I always first make the backup on old server, then use rsync to transfer them to the new server, and then use the admin backup/transfer tool again to restore them. Always admins first, then resellers and then users and never had issues.
Maybe you encountered a bug which maybe was present in DA at that time. Hard to say now.
It's ICT, there can always go something wrong, and above you can find link to other procedures mentioned by zEitEr.

You can also upvote the request for a better migration/transfer tool in de feedback forum as you want. Just as zEitEr, I can't do anything about the current situation except try to help people if they encounter issues.

Then something went wrong for some reason, I don't know. Until now I never had issues. I always first make the backup on old server, then use rsync to transfer them to the new server, and then use the admin backup/transfer tool again to restore them. Always admins first, then resellers and then users and never had issues.
Maybe you encountered a bug which maybe was present in DA at that time. Hard to say now.
It's ICT, there can always go something wrong, and above you can find link to other procedures mentioned by zEitEr.

You can also upvote the request for a better migration/transfer tool in de feedback forum as you want. Just as zEitEr, I can't do anything about the current situation except try to help people if they encounter issues.
@Richard G , it is when I create a reseller account and I migrate from this account

@MisterM Reseller backup works also just fine for me. On the new server I create an account with the same name, then restore the backup from the reseller account and ready.
If a user has only a user backup I do it the same way, except then I restore the backup from the user account. Never had issues.

Back