Directadmin plugins compatibility

crenet

Verified User
Hi,

I as posting in other topics and I did not get any answer so I am creating a new topic.

I would like to use Debian or FreeBSD but I notice that most of DirectAdmin plugins seem to be developed just to CENTOS.

For example
https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58188&page=2

So ClamAV interface and other plugins like rspamd interface are forcing users to choose CENTOS if we want to get a better GUI.

Is there a page where we can see the available plugins and their requirements ?

Will these plugins work in Debian or FreeBSD ?

Thanks you all.

Why not just try ? if ain't work you can uninstall them easily from the plugin page

Why not just try ? if ain't work you can uninstall them easily from the plugin page

Hi Active8,

I would like to know it you do test the plugin in other distributions like Debian to be more error free in future plugin updates and if all the DA plugins are just CentOS compatible maybe it will better to go with CentOS.

Thanks for you reply.

The plugin are not OS based as far as I know.
DirectAdmin is mainly written for CentOS but it is ported everywhere.

The plugin interact with DA and with the software, clamav and rspam are installed from source via CustomBuild, so they should be OS independant.

So, if you feel more "confortable" with Debian feel free to go with it and as Active8 suggested, simply give it a try, a plugin is not gonna create a mess on your installation.

Best regards
Andrea

The plugin are not OS based as far as I know.
DirectAdmin is mainly written for CentOS but it is ported everywhere.

The plugin interact with DA and with the software, clamav and rspam are installed from source via CustomBuild, so they should be OS independant.

So, if you feel more "confortable" with Debian feel free to go with it and as Active8 suggested, simply give it a try, a plugin is not gonna create a mess on your installation.

Best regards
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your reply.

And still some plugins might use OS-specific paths and packages.

So some plugins might not work out of a box with other OS.

As for plugins which I wrote, I claim a plugin supports OS that I tested. If I did not test a plugin under another OS, I won't add it into a list of supported OS. And still it does not mean other OS is not supported.

Should you have an y issue you might report it to a plugin developer here or by any other means.

Back