DirectAdmin RClone Backup Interface

Adrian_

DirectAdmin RClone Backup Interface
directadmin_rclone_backup
license-MIT-brightgreen.svg

This is a DirectAdmin plugin that creates Cron Jobs to backup files/databases and uses RClone to upload them to a filehost.

* Files can be compressed into zip, tar, and gzip formats.
* MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB databases are supported.

This was built to make my life easier and because of this, is tailored more to my needs.

I am not a developer. This started as a small project to help me and has expanded to make this available for everybody else. Will there be any issues, probably. Does it meet coding standards, probably not. Can it be improved, absolutely. Does it work, Yes it does.
  • Built for DirectAdmin 1.61.5 using Evolution skin.
  • I can not guarantee other DA versions or skins will work correctly.
  • I have also only tested this with Dropbox but other hosts should work too.
  • My DA license is only for 1 account so I haven't tested this on a multi account server.
**Warning** - This plugin adds jobs to the root crontab and runs shell scripts as root.
This is so all domains can be backed up from a single account.
This also makes backing up databases easier as password does not need to be recorded.
While this is not strictly necessary on a single account license (can be run as admin), files not accessible by admin cannot be backed up.
If this makes you nervous, please do not install.

If you have any issues, find a bug or have a feature request, please post a reply or create a new issue on GitHub.

Requirements:
  • [RClone](https://github.com/rclone/rclone)
  • RClone remotes already created.
Download:
  • Download the latest plugin on GitHub

Overview
Overview.png

Create
Create.png

Options
Options.png

Settings
Settings.png

Is it different than this one?

I believe that plug-in works with backups made though the admin panel whereas this does not interact with the default backup system at all.

All backups with this are scheduled through the plug-in.

Adrian

How do I access the interface when I install it? I can't seem to find it in DirectAdmin.

Back