Directadmin Server hostname / nameserver question

InfusedHosting

Verified User
Hi,

We currently have our main website running through cloudflare on one domain and then we use another domain for our directadmin server hostname and nameservers.

I've purchased a new domain in which I want to combine both the main website and hostname/nameservers together so everything matches. I'd also like to continue to use cloudflare services for our primary website, is this a possible setup?

Cloudflare requires the domain's nameservers changing to your own private nameservers. You can then edit DNS records to bypass Cloudflare for example I can create server. extention for the hostname of DA server and NS1/NS2 records for the nameservers. Would this work or does DirectAdmin need the actual domain's nameservers pointing to itself. In the past I've always setup any webserver with its own dedicated domain but presuming I can run the webserver and my own website off a single domain?

Any light on this would help before I make any changes.

Thanks
Alec

There is no need to point domain to own nameservers, it's enough just to create appropriate HOST-records at domain registrar panel.

There is no need to point domain to own nameservers, it's enough just to create appropriate HOST-records at domain registrar panel.
I thought so - so as long as NS1 / NS2 point to > Server IP & Server hostname point to > Server IP I Can still use cloudflare to protect primary domain / host the primary domain along with hostname and NS records for the webserver.

I thought so - so as long as NS1 / NS2 point to > Server IP & Server hostname point to > Server IP I Can still use cloudflare to protect primary domain / host the primary domain along with hostname and NS records for the webserver.
No you can't
because
DNS Server need to server ip address that match to your server.

Cloudflare Porxy is only get request to your website and serv to visitor from port 80 or 443

And normally they're get record from pointer record , eg. " Type: A 1.2.3.4 ttl: 14400 "

No you can't
because
DNS Server need to server ip address that match to your server.

Cloudflare Porxy is only get request to your website and serv to visitor from port 80 or 443

And normally they're get record from pointer record , eg. " Type: A 1.2.3.4 ttl: 14400 "

I was going to grey route the server, NS1 and NS2 records directly to the IP so outside of cloudflare proxy network and only proxy my primary domain www / @ record inside cloudflares network.

I was going to grey route the server, NS1 and NS2 records directly to the IP so outside of cloudflare proxy network and only proxy my primary domain www / @ record inside cloudflares network.
Yes you can do it,
Beware your hostname need to use for sending email, It' call PTR Record; When you not have PTR record match
sometime your receipt can't get email from your server.

1594300189678.pngIs this ok or I should change the ns1 and ns2 record to NS type with same ip? Please let me know

yes server is the hostname, and ns are the nameserver. Now for other email related things, like mx records, dkim, spf etc. should I write it here or in direct admin dns settings.

Back