DirectAdmin / Softaculous loading slow

sparek

Verified User
Anybody noticing a slowness when loading Softaculous in a user's DirectAdmin panel?

The control panel loads fine. But clicking on Softaculous Auto Installer takes about 15 seconds to load.

Not discounting that it's not a configuration problem on my end. Just wondering if anybody else is seeing this.

Wow 15 seconds is really slow. No issues on our server. It loads a little bit slower than DA itself, doens't even take a second to load on our server.
I must say we do have that server running on a i7-7700 with 64 GB memory, so i presume that also makes things a bit faster.
However, 15 seconds seem very slow to me even for slower systems with less memory.

Thanks

So probably something specific to my set up. I'll have to troubleshoot it, I'll work on that tomorrow. Really just wanted to know if others were seeing the behavior. I thought if others were seeing this, then I wouldn't have to dive deep and try to troubleshoot the issue.

Top contenders are - I'm still using DirectAdmin 1.61.5. Keep reading about a lot of issues with 1.62 and my free time to deal with issues has been lacking, so I've just kept postponing that upgrade. I'm also not using native DirectAdmin compiled PHP, I'm using binaries from the Remi repository and that takes some extra coddling to work with DirectAdmin plugins. As far as I know, this always worked with Softaculous, but it's also been quite some time since I last used Softaculous on an end-user account, so this issue may have been there for quite some time.

The fact that it's right at 15 seconds every single time, tells me it's probably a timeout some where. But it'll be fun trying to find it.

Did you check all logs? Maybe turn on display of errors so you may see some error message in your browser? Does your browser console show any broken/slow connections in the network tab?

Logs weren't reporting any issues. That's why I was really hoping others had experience the issue, because I was going to have to take a deep, deep dive into all of this to try and isolate the problem.

But I also posted about this on the Softaculous board and they responded that it is a known issue introduced in Softaculous 5.7.3. So maybe they will fix it.

Guess it's just strange that nobody else here in the DA forums has experienced the issue.

Gad they helped you. Yep, for sure they will fix it sooner or later then :).

Back