DirectAdmin v1.63.9 RC

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are really happy to announce we have released DirectAdmin 1.63.9 RC.

This is again a big release for us ??. This release adds support for imapsync tool (PRO PACK), which allows to easily import or export email from 3rd party providers. Under the hood we have a lot of changes in Evolution skin, we are now gradually switching to a new DirectAdmin REST API. Evolution now loads faster because it gets a more fine grained access to the data and retrieves required data concurrently. New API will make integration with DA much easier as we are providing industry standard API specification in Swagger format. Please note that new API is not yet stable meaning it can change in the next releases, but it will be marked as stable once it covers more of the core DA functions. This release also includes fixes for a handful of nasty bugs and general quality of life improvements like da alias for DirectAdmin CLI calls ?.

Release Change log can can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.63.9

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the beta release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

Last edited:
general quality of life improvements like da alias for DirectAdmin CLI calls ?.
Just earlier today when running `/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin v` I was thinking something like `directadmin` or indeed, `da`, should be a standard - and here it is!

Great job :)

As GUI option I presume? Is imapsync also usable only via commandline for those without pro pack?
Yes exactly. CLI imapsync tool is available for everyone, it is 3rd party tool.

DirectAdmin has a GUI that allows you to start sync process from web interface with a couple of mouse clicks. Main benefit of DA comes from auto-sign in. When importing emails you only need to provide source account credentials, destination mailbox on DA can be selected from a drop-down list. If one_click_webmail_login is enabled in directadmin.conf it will not ask for destination mailbox password.

Attachments

• imapsync_example.png
    imapsync_example.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 32
a little feedback on the API docs:
for the non-pro-pack users it might be nice not to show those features. (or allow us to use them via the api :p)

Also: imapsync is visible in the menu, even though non-pro pack has no access to the gui.

Last edited:
Reactions: fln
Also: imapsync is visible in the menu, even though non-pro pack has no access to the gui.
Thanks for reporting (y)! Fix is already underway.

Regarding the API - it will always show all endpoints. We auto-generate API spec at build time from the backend source code. I do not think there is a big benefit in hiding PRO-PACK related API endpoints from documentation. But adding hints about it being pro-pack only in the description would be a nice addition.

Web terminal is accessible/usable without pro-pack (which I don't mind :p)

(PS: Concider making the pro-pack available without the support, for a lower price or smt (or parts of it). if the current option to get pro-pack on lifetime licenses (getting a yearly support addon) wasn't out of my small student budget range, I'd get it haha. €10/month (or equivalent yearly): hell yes)

there is a way for DA to split things so Pro Pack and Support
I suggested this and asked a long time ago. They were not intrested. No really to sure of why. Maybe then it was the old Licensing system.

Maybe, still, i can't use it on my isp-provided licence aperantly, which is odd in of itself

Back