DirectAdmin v1.644 has been released

I agree, that this is not entirely great right now.

However we are reluctant to add these entries to the change-log because these fixes does not fix issues that were present before this release. After the hot-fix is released the version with an issue is no longer available.

If there was an issue in previous version as well we would mention it in the change-log, because it is designed to show what changed compared to the previous version. But fix that fixed an issue just for this release looks out of place there.

For example the CSF plugin issue is irrelevant for anyone who is upgrading now from 1.643 to 1.644. This problem was not present in 1.643 and no longer present in 1.644.

This is actually the reason why we did not send the hot-fix notifications all (in 1.643). We expected it to be relevant only to those who reported issues for us. But sending a notification on hot-fix as a feature was requested and added to 1.644 and now everyone sees the hot-fix messages and wonders what have changed ?.

I do agree on the need to have a centralized hotfix region. Reading through multiple pages in a forum to find the information is not very efficient.

I also agree that having it as a new version in the changelog is not ideal as fln mentions, this are issues introduced in the last release.

I believe the best scenario would be to keep a changelog since last release of all changelog of all hotfixes as it also now includes new custombuild software releases. Then when new version comes up, this can be purged and just relevant changelogs of fixes (or new software versions etc.) be merged to the old release and start over again the hotfix list.

Hi, everyone we finally traced back the CSF plugin issue, and releasing new hot-fix build 1231fc54d10578e379ebf6f73a6bc24987e05b90. Root cause for CSF plugin was that it expected session IDs to always contain only alpha-numeric symbols, in the latest release session IDs were generating using a wider set of allowed characters some sessions resulting in having `-` symbol, and thus breaking CSF plugin assumptions about how DA session IDs look like.

New build has the following fixes:
  • A workaround for CSF plugin to not fail with session errors (price for that is longer session ID values encoded using reduced character set :().
  • A fix for Evolution to bring user back to login page when his session ends, without this fix user might trigger BFM and get banned if he stays in evo after session timeout.
  • A fix for CB to create webapps user at earlier stage, without this fix new installations might not have correct webapps permissions.
Cloud you fix CB sometimes 2.0.0 and sometimes 2.0.0 (rev: 2945) too? that very annoying when 2.0.0 (without problem) > 2.0.0 (rev: 2945) ( LetsEncrypt 2.0.31 downgrade to 2.0.30 is available, Redis 7.0.5 downgrade to 7.0.4 is available, PHP 7.4 7.4.32 update to 7.4.30 is available...)
Even I'm on 1.644 1231fc54d10578e379ebf6f73a6bc24987e05b90

or any solution make me keep my CB stay at 2.0.0 and don't auto upgrade/downgrade to 2.0.0 (rev: 2945)?

For now, I can only switch Update Channel to Alpha and back to Current to force DA CB update to 2.0.0 (without rev:2945)

Thanks

Attachments

• Snap2.jpg
    Snap2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
@Dettol based on your description is seems your system is jumping between CB bundled with DA (it is installed on DA upgrade or DA hot-fix) and legacy CB which you can download as stand alone script. Legacy CB is outdated and will not be maintained anymore. Every time you see CB version with revision, like 2.0.0 (rev: 2945) it means you have just installed old CB back.

We do not ship any code to revert CB back to the old version with new DA versions, so I assume you have some kind of your own automation and scripts that does that. I would start by checking any custom cronjobs you have.

@Dettol based on your description is seems your system is jumping between CB bundled with DA (it is installed on DA upgrade or DA hot-fix) and legacy CB which you can download as stand alone script. Legacy CB is outdated and will not be maintained anymore. Every time you see CB version with revision, like 2.0.0 (rev: 2945) it means you have just installed old CB back.

We do not ship any code to revert CB back to the old version with new DA versions, so I assume you have some kind of your own automation and scripts that does that. I would start by checking any custom cronjobs you have.
Thank you, I try to find the problem from this way, hope I can fix it.

New DA build 2138cff12eb6d60eec6bde18b2bf38b208f9ae51 offers PHP updates of 8.0.25, 8.1.12 and 8.2.0RC5.
hello,

we got this error, we are using cloudlinux

Executing /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/admin/build php_expert 8.0 lsphp...
Configuring /etc/container/php.handler...
#=#=# ##=#=#
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-8.0.25.tar.gz
Extracting ...
Done.
#=#=# ##O#-# ##O=# # #=#=-# # #################### 29.1% ######################################################################## 100.0%
tar (child): ../php-litespeed-7.9.tgz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Configuring php-8.0.25...

hello,

we got this error, we are using cloudlinux

Executing /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/admin/build php_expert 8.0 lsphp...
Configuring /etc/container/php.handler...
#=#=# ##=#=#
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-8.0.25.tar.gz
Extracting ...
Done.
#=#=# ##O#-# ##O=# # #=#=-# # #################### 29.1% ######################################################################## 100.0%
tar (child): ../php-litespeed-7.9.tgz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Configuring php-8.0.25...
I was unable to reproduce it on a CloudLinux box. May you create a support ticket for it? It's CloudLinux managing their php-litespeed package, but I see that their file mirrors have it: https://repo.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux/sources/da/

@Dettol they will push a new build so users with autopatch will receive the new versions.txt. Check this update last week for PHP;

Anyone? I'm not talking about cusmtombuild and versions.txt( I has been fix it before)
I'm just want to sure, is that "autopatch" = 1 will auto install high risk vulnerabilities patch ( Not selection, I mean will it check your software version, like PHP 8.0.23, it will install 8.0.25 for you) ? or it just install directadmin's patch?
Or it just optional, let you install your self?

Thanks

@Dettol it will install DA upgrade, which will bring new versions.txt. With new versions.txt you will start seeing that there is an update available. However it will not automatically install the new version of 3rd party software component (for example new version of PHP). Unless you configure CustomBuild to auto install the updates - in that case the 3rd party components would be installed automatically.

@Dettol it will install DA upgrade, which will bring new versions.txt. With new versions.txt you will start seeing that there is an update available. However it will not automatically install the new version of 3rd party software component (for example new version of PHP). Unless you configure CustomBuild to auto install the updates - in that case the 3rd party components would be installed automatically.
Thank you so much, finally I can confirm what did it do about this function. Thanks

Same question here.

I see my custombuild is `2.0.0 (rev: 2945)` and directadmin is 1.644 (2138cff12eb6d60eec6bde18b2bf38b208f9ae51)

in page of /CMD_PLUGIN_MANAGER
custombuild1.0.371.0.37yesyesyesMartynas Bendorius, JBMC Software

I would like to have "CB bundled with DA" instead.

1. Do you recommend me to delete (or un-install?) current custombuild?
2. Does it affect the PHP version already built by custombuild?
3. How can if install the "CB bundled with DA" on a running DA?

Thank you!

Your 2.0.0 (rev: 2945) are old version.
try to update your DA to 1.644 it will force your CB update too

1. If you updated to DA 1.644 you will auto update your CB too
2. No, you need to upgrade by yourself( you can select version in CB)
3. same as 1

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.644.

This is a maintenance release focusing on fixing stuff and continuing with our planned changes. There is a big change in Evolution login page inner workings, but they are not visible.

Release Changelog can can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.644

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln
Hi DA team,

Don't want to be a pain but would someone please update the DA website.
It still shows version 1.63x as the latest and you're already at 1.64x

Thanks.

Hi DA team,

Don't want to be a pain but would someone please update the DA website.
It still shows version 1.63x as the latest and you're already at 1.64x

Thanks.

Where are you seeing 1.63x listed as the latest? On the DirectAdmin website: I see 1.644 listed as the latest. All the release notes in the DirectAdmin Docs are up to date too.

Is it possible you’re looking at the old Version History page that’s been replaced by the Changelog in the Docs?

Back